Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

jetpilotcrj700

Blue Side Up
Does anyone have any information on this act? I was told that this act makes it so Pilots and or flight attendants who have a crash pad in another state do not have to have to register there cars in that state or have to get the licences for that state. If someone can point me to a website that shows me this that would be wonderfull.

Thanks!

Google

aka: Federal Aviation Act of 1958

May have some more luck with that.

Edit: Or are you looking for the Civil Aeronautics Act of 1938?

See if you can get a hold of a book called Air Transportation by Wells. Has a good deal of this stuff in it.

Last edited:
jetpilotcrj700 said:
Does anyone have any information on this act? I was told that this act makes it so Pilots and or flight attendants who have a crash pad in another state do not have to have to register there cars in that state or have to get the licences for that state. If someone can point me to a website that shows me this that would be wonderfull.

Thanks!

I thought it was a federal thing for all workers, as long as they aren't working/living for 6 months at a clip, they can keep the registration of their home state.

Federal Aviation act of 1958

Thanks for the help I Finally found it with that help. 49 USC 1512 looks like its the one and deals with Tax issues as well for those of us who get other state income taxes withheld.

anyone else have any input on all this?

Latest resources

Back