Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

NCFlyer

I'm looking for a little help.

I have a Citizen Wingman watch that is 12 years old. The watch has given me no trouble until recently. The digital portion of the watch keeps accurate time but the analog hands fail to keep time. I have taken the watch back to the jeweler where the watch was purchased and they were unable to repair it. The jeweler sent the watch to Citizen for repair and Citizen refused to repair the watch saying since the watch was 12 years old there were no longer any parts available to repair it. They (Citizen) did offer me a 50% discount on any new watch purchased directly from them. I would like to have this watch repaired not replaced. My question is this, does anyone on this forum know of anyone who may be able to repair this watch? If so please give me a contact for them. PM me if you don't want to put that information in a public forum.

Thanks,
NCflyer

I lost my Wingman watch in the Salt river about 10 years ago. If you want to go fish it out you can have it. I am sure there are some parts in it that you can salvage. LOL

In all seriousness, it is time to up grade to the Citizen Navihawk. It is what all the pilots are wearing now adays. Same cool big watch with the spin wheel to calculate TAS, fuel burn, time distance stuff, and everything else that an e6b can do. Unfortunatley I don't know how to work it.

NCFlyer,

Just a thought but, if your Wingman's movement is like a Navihawk the analog and digital time must be synchronized or "all reset". I ran into a problem similar to yours when I replaced the battery on my Navihawk. Citizen recommends an all reset before trying anything else.

http://www.geocities.com/watch_crazy/navihawk/instru/setting.htm

If you remove the back bezel use caution not to loose the small spring clip near the battery. The alarm is built into the rear bezel and this clip supplies battery power to it. No clip, no alarm. Just keep the watch face down and you won't have any problem. Also, if you need to remove the rear bezel it probably screws on/off rather that snap fit.

Latest resources

Back