• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CitationShares

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That's the way it is here. Keep your mouth shut, and do what you're told. Don't dare tell the upper management that things might not be all that great.

Amen to that, brother...sometimes the truth hurts. KL was and is a great person, pilot and friend to many. All the best to her a SWA, no surprise she was recongized there for good performance. She always had the pilot group AND "five-star service" in mind. Unfortunately, the company provides one-star service to it's pilots and she let them know it.

From what I've heard about the story, the lesson to be learned is to respect the chain of command.

True, but when the General ask you for information, do you say "sir, with all due respect, you need to go through the chain of command for me to respond"?

From what I know about the story, the General asked for information and she provided it. I am sure her immediate supervisor knew she was doing it.

True, but when the General ask you for information, do you say "sir, with all due respect, you need to go through the chain of command for me to respond"?

From what I know about the story, the General asked for information and she provided it. I am sure her immediate supervisor knew she was doing it.

Here's my take, straight from the General and his Colonels (The open door policy works you just have to be willing to walk in).

It wasn't the break in the chain of command so to speak. It was the "going straight to the general with a problem instead of letting the colonels work on it first".

Now I know he did ask for it, but he was expecting to get information that had been passed up the pipe and ignored, not information that was with-held from everyone and then delivered to him.

Its hard to solve/ignore a problem when its never addressed as one. Which is why she got the reaction she did.

Her immediate supervisors all the way to JD, all felt that she didn't trust them to do their jobs, and I really can't blame them for feeling stabbed in the back.

Once again still just one side of a story that took place quite a while ago.

...Now I know he did ask for it, but he was expecting to get information that had been passed up the pipe and ignored, not information that was with-held from everyone and then delivered to him.

Its hard to solve/ignore a problem when its never addressed as one. Which is why she got the reaction she did.

Her immediate supervisors all the way to JD, all felt that she didn't trust them to do their jobs, and I really can't blame them for feeling stabbed in the back.

That's a nice story, and I can believe all the upper brass would be taking that stance. It's not accurate, however. Pilots had been grumbling to their PM's/ACP's about nearly all of the issues in her 'memo' for some time, with no response and no relief.

For example, I think the management boys had some sense that out pilots might not like training on our days off.

Many of the concerns addressed in the memo were valid enough that the company has implemented policies to address them -- such as training on days off, scheduled duty/rest times, the Monday tour-start day, and others.

If CS Managment thought she was so bad why did they select her as one of the first three checkairman to go before the FAA. Wouldn't we send our best...maybe J.D or K.S or even "Bogart"...my God were is Phil when you need him.

last blow

Sounds like you just drove the last nail in the coffin there, Bravo F/O. I don't hear anyone else chiming in, do you?

Btw

Where is Phil these days? Did they lock him in a sub-basement somewhere?

As far as the SWA selection process goes, the individual in question was recently recognized by SWA CEO Gary Kelly for her great attitude, hard work, and dedication

Guess that was because she was telling the FA's how to do the stock in the airplane. Belive me, Ms L is all about the stock and not about the flying. Good thing the Capt. on that 737 has the last say.

Latest resources

Back