Citationshares

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
QUOTe---------------------------------------------------
You're right, but the GV is less expensive than the C-X by the pound.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good remarks to all my comments GVFlyer,

But where is your math on the quote above?
I have to use more sick days to keep up with this board.

.92 out

Xrated750 said:
QUOTe---------------------------------------------------
You're right, but the GV is less expensive than the C-X by the pound.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good remarks to all my comments GVFlyer,

Aw, shucks...thanks.

But where is your math on the quote above?

Sure, here goes....

GV purchase price - $43,200,000 divided by weight - 90,500 lbs = equals $477.35 price per pound of Premium Grade A Choice airplane.

C-X purchase price - $19,000,000 divided by weight - 35,700 lbs = equals
$531.22 price per pound of aircraft.

Hence, a net savings of a whopping $53.87 a pound when you purchase a GV. Check your local newspaper for discount coupons.

I have to use more sick days to keep up with this board.

.92 out

LOL!

GV

capt_zman said:
BigD,

Obviously you're the one going home with the fat acne-laced chicks at the end of the night, because the X is downright ugly, both inside and out, compared with any of the Gulfstreams.

There isn't a better looking plane on earth.

Right on, my man! If the GV looked any better children under 17 would have to be accompanied by a parent or guardian to even look at it!

GV

Here's an idea...

Park a G-V next to a Global, a Falcon 900EX, and a Citation X and see which jet attracts the most attention. I know the result and so does GVFlyer, because we park our jets next to the others all the time and the crews always want to look at ours. It's never the other way around.

FL510GV said:
Here's an idea...

Park a G-V next to a Global, a Falcon 900EX, and a Citation X and see which jet attracts the most attention. I know the result and so does GVFlyer, because we park our jets next to the others all the time and the crews always want to look at ours. It's never the other way around.

That's because as pilots we tend to be attracted to the biggest, most expensive piece of equipment on the ramp. If a BBJ were to be parked next to your plane, I'd bet we'd all be over there. But certainly not because it's a better looking jet!

But hey, if someone asked my low-time a*s to fly your homely Gulfstream, they probably wouldn't have to do much arm twisting. ;)

FL510GV said:
Here's an idea...

I must disagree with you on that statement ... hell, even your own Airforce peers flooded me on two different occasions. I had so many IP's and students crowded in my cabin, asking questions, that we didn't have room to move. Last few times I've been around any GIVs or GVs, the onlookers and pilots were walking over to our jet. Bigger doesn't mean better. I can assure you of that from first hand experience partner.

750Driver - if you're ever at AUS, I might very well be one of those guys crowding your cabin! Never been in one, and any time one is on the ramp it's all closed up. One of these days I'm gonna get lucky! :D

BigD:

I've been to AUS' Signature many times, with the X shown on the left. All you needed to do was ask my friend ...

what the hell?

gee-susss....
Are you gonna talk about Citation shares? or the newest Car and Driver comparison tests of the Cx and Gv? put it on the general board or something and let everyone discuss Shares eh?

try this one out.
4000 pounds of paletized freight, 500 miles. my E110 would kick both planes asses! <thats if an airplane could have an ass..> cause you couldnt fit it through the door ! ...boo hoo.
just cut it out and let everyone talk shop about shares,...theres already TWO PAGES of this Cx Gv garbage going on.

...man!...

More road tests

I thought it was pretty interesting learning about airplanes at the other end of the spectrum from what I fly.

What was your comment about the Citationshares program, Robbie?

Latest resources

Back