• NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.
  • Logbook Pro for Apple iOS version 8.1 is now available on the App Store. Major update including signature endorsements and dark/light theme support. Click here to install now.

CitationShares phone interview

captgimp

Total Time
Anyone have a phone interview/personal interview lately with CitationShares? looking for some recent info on how it went.

Fozzy

Total Time
Phone interview? Do they phone you at 3am to see if you will show early for some pop up trip ignoring your rest requirments? And if you say "yes" you get the job? And if you keep saying "yes" you get the upgrade?

Yup it is flame bait, but how far am I off?

captgimp

Total Time
Actually it is not flame bait. I heard that they call and do a screening over the phone and then the assistant chief calls you and asks a few questions. If those 2 go well then they bring you in for a face-to-face interview. i'm just looking for info. from someone who has done it.

Going2Baja

Total Time
10k+
Anyone else have any 1st hand info? I read all the gouge at airlineinterviews.com and from the failure rate there it almost reminds me of UAL in the late 90's. 1 out of 5 or six getting hired...OUCH! Some guy mentioned 3rd stage clime or something...I guess I better get back in my notes and books - I'm feeling kinda stupid right about now :(

Citationplt

Total Time
Its Just a Standard Screening

The phone interview is just a something they do to screen the applicants. It is the first way they can get to know who is applying to the company. Yes they might ask a few minor technical questions to pick your brain. But it is mostly asking questions like have you ever crashed an aircraft. Do you wear and ankle sensor and can't leave you house. It is also a time that they set up your interview date and time. Life is good here..

Sparse

Total Time
+++++
Hair-on-Fire said:
Go to NetJets

It's funny, 2 months ago you would have been told not to go to NetJets.

Diesel

TEB Hilton resident
Total Time
work rules, scope and vacation is power. Pay is the icing on the cake.

FlyingPieceOfSt

Wood You Fly This Plane?
Total Time
P-51
One thing good about CS's interview process is that you know if you are hired or not 1 hour after interviewing.

737 Pylt

Banned
Um....Floats anyone??
Total Time
enough
Diesel said:
work rules, scope and vacation is power. Pay is the icing on the cake.

Well put! So many people just don't understand that!

ATA73Pilot

Total Time
19 Yrs
I had the two phone screens this week.

Mostly a relaxed and informal process. The first one is mostly verifying certain items on your app/resume. A couple why do you want to work here questions...lasted about 20 minutes.

The second one was a bit more in-depth. Nothing technical. Mostly why do you want to work here type of stuff. A couple situational questions. A chance to ask your own questions. This one lasted 35 minutes.

I wasn't lucky enough to warrant an invite for a formal interview and received an e-mail later in the day informing of such.

Good Luck to you and remember - even though these phone calls seem a bit more relaxed than a formal interview - they are the gateway to an invite and need to be taken as seriously.