CitationShares adds new pilot bases

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yea, a strike will....

Yea, keep thinking that way...that a union will help the fractional indistry.

In fact, the union at Net Jets will hurt not help the industry. Your attitude will ruin it for everyone else. You will never get that big raise.

Never.

I've seen posts of other threads quoting 13 year captains making $200K+, describing average days worked/month as 12.5 (including vacation), sounds like a pretty good gig to me. Not sure why all the strike talk.

Da Man said:
I've seen posts of other threads quoting 13 year captains making $200K+, describing average days worked/month as 12.5 (including vacation), sounds like a pretty good gig to me. Not sure why all the strike talk.

The big number is for BBJ Captains.

If NetJets or flightoptions or anyone else would ACTUALLY strike,
what would the outcome be?

Do any of you actually think that would be a wise thing for your individual company? Do you actually think your clients would wait out a strike? ABSOLUTELY NOT!!! The movers and shakers in the world just need a ride to the next big deal or the best place to play. They won't just stay home that week or so while you hash out your complaints to managment.

Right now were I live two of the big Grocery Stores are actually on strike but I still have to feed my family!! I will not shop there now and I will continue to not support their buisness after the strike is over.

I will never know why anyone (not just pilots) think that a strike is a good thing. How can hurting the companies buisness help you in the long run?

It would be both interesting and educational to see what company requires its employees to work over 95 hours a week at $1.45 an hour, with few if any benefits.

Ah I knew that was coming "You're not a pilot, so what do you know" . I've worked in line service for over 8 years, and was in a both union and non-union environment, and I have a business degree, so I know what I am talking about.

The safety issues pilot unions fight for are great, no doubt about it. But with all unions, the motives of the people in charge have to be considered. Despite what they may tell you, a union is a business, and it is there to make people money, not to fight for the little guy. For example, the same union represents both Delta mainline pilots, and Comair pilots. ALPA was helping main line pilots put scope clauses into effect, to restrict the growth of Comair. Why was ALPA doing this? Because the Delta mainline pilots put a lot more money into their pockets, and they didn't want to see that money go away.

Those of you that just blindly get on the union gravy train without looking at what they have done to run airlines into the ground are going to have a very big wake up call. Perhaps you have already, with jetBlue and SWA kicking butt and taking names, the tremendous rise of RJ's, and airlines fighting unions with spin-offs like Song and Starfish. The day of the airline pilot making huge amounts of money is going away.

I'm sure everyone is going to jump down my back, and that’s fine, you don't want to see your high paying union jobs go away. But, I am not going to expect to make $200k a year when I finally make it. But you know what? I'll be able to raise a family and live in a nice house on $75k a year.

(Please don't send Vinny and Tony to break my legs, I need to work.....hard)

Latest resources

Back