Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
CA recalls 16

Hey, I heard CA was recalling pilots.

I don't mean to be negative, so please hold back your flames. This is just a realistic look at the situation. There is unsold inventory sitting on the ramp in Whichita which cannot be written down while unsold, therefore it is better to put them into service (whether the need exists or not) and they can then be used as a legitimate business writedown and if the business picks up, well that's even better. A win-win situation from a certain lose-lose situation if they continue to sit there unsold/unused. Definitely a financial decision which also has some good PR value.

Really?

Click Here to see how worthwhile Fox is...

Oh, and here is the smug Hannity admitting (with no remorse) that he lied and tried to "dupe" America.

Hannity admits he has no ethics

If you think ANY news outlet is capable of unbiased reporting, you're wrong. Fox, communist news network, abc, cbs blah blah blah, none of them.

Since you find links invaluable for making your point: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywgUCdefSW8 AND THIS ISN"T JUST SOME REPORTER.

No surprise the dems ended up with just the 60 they needed to pass the health care bill. Can't imagine how that happened.:rolleyes:

Okay, that link stung a bit, I'll admit it.

It is a touch out of context, but still nice work. Touche'.

Cheers Glass.

It's great to wake up (sitting in the Middle East trying to make a buck) and see this.

To all the Citation crews who got called back I am absolutely thrilled for you guys/gals.

Wishing for a speedy recall for the rest.

Hey, where are you at Grease? I was in Bagram and am now in Speicher. Lets go have a beer and celebrate....err, oh wait, they don't do that here. ;)

"I don't mean to be negative, so please hold back your flames. This is just a realistic look at the situation. There is unsold inventory sitting on the ramp in Whichita which cannot be written down while unsold, therefore it is better to put them into service (whether the need exists or not) and they can then be used as a legitimate business writedown and if the business picks up, well that's even better. A win-win situation from a certain lose-lose situation if they continue to sit there unsold/unused. Definitely a financial decision which also has some good PR value".

True, there are many airplanes on the ramp in ICT. However, the current recalls are due to 2 aircraft that were purchased for CA to operate. CA is getting a X and another XL by the end of the year.

I think the idea is that the cost of putting those airplanes into service unsold exceeds the value of the writedown. Therefore they remain on the ramp.

Latest resources

Back