Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Shamus

FL 510
Just got hired with a new company and there putting me in the left seat of a Citation One. Pretty excited but I have no clue about Citations, never even flown one.

I should be going out to Texas in a couple of weeks after Indoc. but just curious as to how long you can hold one up for, typical fuel per hour, any idiosyncrecies, and of course starting pay? (S. FL, 135) Thanks guys.

Shamus...congrads....I never flew a ONE , my first Citation was an Ultra. I bet you can get who I work for.....anyway, the 500 series Cessnas are very simple and easy to fly. Its just a big 172. I think you will be pleased at the characteristics.

I will say the smaller 500 series are dogs to climb when you're heavy and above FL300.

The windows like to fog up when you come out of the fFlight Level and land at hot , humid airports.

Get the manuals early and don't get too worried about the actual systems, Basic system knowledge, limitations, emergency proceedures and you'll get a feel for distance/fuel/laoding issues.

Enjoy man!!!!!

DO-82 driver said:
The windows like to fog up when you come out of the fFlight Level and land at hot , humid airports.

With Lear jet in your a/c experience, you should be used to this.;)

Anyway, I went from Lears to Citation 500 series and I found it to be a simple transition. It is a decent airplane. It's not great in any aspect, but it does a good job at it's designed mission. If you can get your hands on the books (I have an SII manual if you want to borrow/buy it), study the rotary test functions, limitations, EP's, and know the Master warning/Caution lights panel(ie. if you get a light, what is it telling you). If you do this, school will be a breeze.

Oh yeah, one more thing. Good luck getting a good landing.:D

Also, will you be operating it single pilot? This will be a huge consideration when contemplating pay.

Good Luck and Congrats

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies, I was more looking to see if anyone had the NBAA pay scale.

Yes I'll have a 500 hour TT FO.

No I'm not still at KFXE. Thanks again.

Latest resources

Back