Citation X or G200?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

NW Flyer

I know this is everyone's favorite topic, so...

Actually, I DO know that NetJets has the largest group of pilots with significant time in both of these airplanes. That's why I'm asking the question here.

Our typical missions are out of a 6000' strip near Seattle. We hit most of the usual west coast vacation spots (PSP, SUN, JAC), but also need to make Hawaii. We don't want to stop in California for gas.

I've done a fair bit of research already, but most of my info comes from marketing types. I would love to hear from some pilots on this one!

Thanks in advance!

I hate it when someone does this but here I go:

Have you considered a CL-300. While I do not fly one I have heard nothing but good things about them and they will be able to fly out out of 6000' strip and make HI without a whole lot of effort.

Our company looked at the CL-300 and decided against it because it was not avialable at the time and it was not quite enough airplane, but appears to be an impressive airplane none the less. We dumped the G-200 because it is a runway pig among other things and the cabin on the Cit X was too small.

Good luck.

PWT?

"Our company looked at the CL-300 and decided against it because it was not avialable at the time"

Ditto!

What's more important - comfort or speed? Both will get you to Hawaii, but the G200 is more comfortable for both the pax and the pilots. I hear the G200 flies like a tank, but it is comfy up front with a good avionics package.

I too would like to hear from some Netjets guys who have flown both...

What's more important - comfort or speed? Both will get you to Hawaii, but the G200 is more comfortable for both the pax and the pilots. I hear the G200 flies like a tank, but it is comfy up front with a good avionics package.

I too would like to hear from some Netjets guys who have flown both...

Will the X make Hawaii in the event of an engine failure against prevailing winds at the ETP??

I remember some serious issues with a previous NJA X Chief Pilot about 6 years back. He said it could not do it safely and Mgmt and Marketing said it could. He actually resigned over that if I have my facts straight

My only experience (and I have a lot of it) is sitting in the back of both jets. To me there is no comparison, the G200 is much, much more confortable (divan folds out to a bed), more room, better galley, etc. If you fly long trips several times a week, the X will get you home sooner. But for 1-2 trips a month, I'd rather spend an extra 15 minutes on a 4 hour flight in a G200 than fly the lengthened cabin on an XL.

FLy safe,

My only experience (and I have a lot of it) is sitting in the back of both jets. To me there is no comparison, the G200 is much, much more confortable (divan folds out to a bed), more room, better galley, etc. If you fly long trips several times a week, the X will get you home sooner. But for 1-2 trips a month, I'd rather spend an extra 15 minutes on a 4 hour flight in a G200 than fly the lengthened cabin on an XL.

FLy safe,

I think that about answers that.

Thanks, Nice post.

I would look long and hard at making Hawaii out of a 6000' strip from the Pacific Northwest. Could be a issue. I have the performance book sitting on the desk as I type this and you can't takeoff at gross with flaps 12 and get off in under 6000 at any temp higher then neg10C. While flaps 20 and gross will limit you to a max temp of 10C. Have this issue at TEB when the runways are in the wrong configuration.

You shouldn't have to do it at max weight to make the crossing, but it never hurt to have all the fuel can carry when over water.

Never flown the X but I believe it is a runway lover at high takeoff weights also.

You could go to BFI and fill up then go, something to consider.

Last edited:
You could go to BFI and fill up then go, something to consider.

This is certainly a consideration. If I want that last 1000# on board (even though the book says I don't need it), that's exactly what I'll have to do. Not a big problem, I don't think.

It is good to have a perspective from an owner, my boss will be interested in that opinion!

Thank you all for your input, I appreciate it. Any more?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back