Citation X info

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

NW Flyer

It seems the owner has developed an interest in the Citation X. Performance wise, it will do what he wants. The cabin is a little bigger than what he currently has.

I was hoping to pick the brains of you "X" pilots out there. What insight can you give me into this airplane? What items should we be looking for in our search? Any particular serial #'s to avoid? Any "must have" mods? Have the majority of the maintenance issues been solved, and is this airplane now a reliable ride? How's the baggage? Under what circumstances have you ever found yourself up against the airplanes limitations?

Any and all input appreciated, thanks in advance!

NW- Alot of people will say the X is the fastest a/c........between Cessna Service Centers. But our 750 has been a great a/c (mid 150 serial #) w/VERY few problems or missed trip in the last 5 yrs.

X rated

We have been operating a X for aobut 4 years now. We moved up from a 650. and compared to the 650 the 750 is maintenance free. We have very few unscheduled maintenance items and ours is an early serial number.
You must have the aileron regearing mod if yours doesn't have it. The baggage is adequate for us and we carry 8 women passengers with a weeks worth of luggage.
It is not a fun airplane to fly (except for the trip back home). I compare it to flying a video game because of the hydraulic assisted controls.
Don't let the stories about crosswinds scare you. Has anyone heard of a wintip scrape in a X?

The Citation X is still the fastest aircraft between two service centers. It is a handfull in a crosswind. The cockpit is small and uncomfortable if you are spending more than two or three hours upfront.

Actually yes I know of quite a few scraped wing's on the X's. Probably because we have more cycles in a year than a flight dept has in its entire ownership of the airplane so the numbers are skewed.

Great plane, Great speed, Mx is no problem as long as you actually have someone look it over from time to time. Reduces a lot of trips to the MX hanger.

Also when you get one have someone fly with you that has a lot of time in a X. They will show you all the workaround things to keep the thing running when the gremlins pop their heads. I can put you in touch with some people that do this on the side.

too much money for the upfront cost, operating cost and small cabin! On a typical trip it is only a few mins. faster than our 45XR but cost lots more.

Latest resources

Back