• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Citation V/Ultra/Bravo Information

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I currently operate a Citation Ultra in West Texas from a 5300 feet runway day in and day out. The Ultra is a great utility aircraft. Dallas to Vegas non-stop with 9 passengers is hard to beat at $2200 dollars per hour. We currently have the Ultra for sale www.jbaircraftservices.com . Our company is upgrading to something faster and may keep flying to Ultra if we cannot sell it.

I flew the 500, 550, and 560 Ultra...must say the Ultra was a nice step up in performance and avionics. We routinely cruised at FL410 and TAS was about 430 if I remember correctly...bout 100 knots better than the I and Eagle Mod I we had. I enjoyed my time flying the Ultra.

Lots of hours in both---you have gotten good feedback here

In short---Bravo good for 1-1.5 hr. leg lengths--slow--gotta keep on eye on W&B when loading more than 4 pax w/out bags

Ultra--much better performer--40 knots faster than Bravo and can load the a/c up w/out any issues W&B wise

Ultra over Bravo unless short leg lengths then u might as well go cheaper unless cash no issue

One of the biggest expenses in the Bravo or Ultra is the Meggit. If that breaks, its 20k. Cessna will not warranty that either. Also, you could get a big red X on the displays now and then. More than likely it is only because the plug in the back became unseated. Don't replace the display, just try to reseat or switch with the other display. Outside of those issues, the bravo is an excellent airplane for what it is made for. I actually made is from SFO to RFD(Illinois) one time non-stop with no pax of course.

As apposed to the 35, the bravo or ultra has more space everywhere, baggage, cabin, etc... I do like flying the 35 though. The other good thing about the Citations over Lears is that the bathroom and outflow valves are in the back instead of right in the front by the pilots. I was flying a Lear 31A one time and one of the passengers had really, really bad gas. I thought that me and the FO were gonna pass out. needless to say, we both donned the O2 masks & turned around to see what was happening. The other pax were all laughing and pointing at the culprit. It was funny watching this guy get out of the plane. I have never seen anyone walk like that before. I think he shat in his britches.

Last edited:
If someone needs a Bravo Pilot, Im your guy!

Got over 1200 hours and 4 years in one!

I could use the work :)

Latest resources

Back