Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

SigAV8R

gigidee gigidee gigidee
Anyone have access to the NBAA salary survey and can tell me what the PIC and SIC rates are on the Ce560. Also, does the salary include whether or not that includes training? Thanks guys.

I don't have the NBAA numbers but I think I can get pretty close. First of all, ALL DECENT JOBS SHOULD INCLUDE TRAINING! Whether you have flown the plane previously or didn't even know what it was, training included as it is simply a cost of operation.

As far as the pay goes, I think it is pretty much tied to the cost of living in a general area (for example, Northeast and So. Cal pay will be comperable).

Large metro area PIC should expect around 100k with pretty decent bennies. SIC around 45+benefits.

I think the midwest averages will be around the 80k and 40k mark. Again, they should all be with benefits and training. A lot of the salary survey figures will show a large percentage of pilots recieving some sort of bonus, but I am not sure what kind of $$ that would be as my company does not do that, nor has any company I have worked for. (maybe they just don't like me. . . now I think I'm starting to figure it out!)

Good luck with your negotiations. Demand what you deserve for doing a great job, provide better service, and make sure they feel like they are flying with the best pilot in the world and soon enough you won't have to worry about the averages.

Kevin

SigAV8R said:
Anyone have access to the NBAA salary survey and can tell me what the PIC and SIC rates are on the Ce560. Also, does the salary include whether or not that includes training? Thanks guys.

I think the previous response $100k is unrealistic for 560 drvr, maybe the $45k. My company will pay for the type rating with a 1 yr contract, but both crew members are type rated "PIC" qualified and after about 6months in type you are signed off as PIC. At my company pay is based on length of employment not what a/c you are assigned to. Not all companies are the same, but there are quite a few that follow this practice. Unless you've been around the corp world for a while and have impressive experience, you aren't going to demand anything... it's more like, "yes sir, may I have another sir?!" :]

Thanks for the input guys. I was basically using the NBAA numbers as a starting point/negotiating point. I appreciate the help. If any of you find yourselves in the DFW area, hit me up and I'll pick up the first round.

$100K is a little inflated for a CE560, it's more like $80-85K for top end. Average will be $65-$70ish for PIC. Again, it depends on your area. You'll make a lot more money in New York than you will in rural Mississippi, but the COL more than makes up for it. Just negotiate for a good rate that you think is fair for your area, wherever it may be.

$100K is certainly possible for a 560, especially if you are also doing the paperwork stuff. However it really comes down to the individual pilot, if said pilot has the ability (i.e. experience, violation/incident/drug-free, degree) to fly something that usually pays in the six figures (Gulfstreams, & Globals), you need to pay that pilot heavy jet money. Granted this is certainly not the normal situation.

As I like to remind my boss "Sir, I can get you 200 resumes tomorrow, of pilots that will do this job for $30K." His response, "No, just hire the best, aviation is not something you want to go with the low bidder."

501261 said:
$100K is certainly possible for a 560, especially if you are also doing the paperwork stuff. However it really comes down to the individual pilot, if said pilot has the ability (i.e. experience, violation/incident/drug-free, degree) to fly something that usually pays in the six figures (Gulfstreams, & Globals), you need to pay that pilot heavy jet money. Granted this is certainly not the normal situation.

As I like to remind my boss "Sir, I can get you 200 resumes tomorrow, of pilots that will do this job for $30K." His response, "No, just hire the best, aviation is not something you want to go with the low bidder."

Seems like bosses like this are getting rarer and rarer. Good for that man. He gets it.

Latest resources

Back