Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Huggyu2

Live to fly; fly to live
I am looking for an approximate contract rate for the Ultra, based on flying it Single-Pilot.
I have the NBAA guide... just looking for some first hand knowledge from any of you here.
Thanks.

^^^ what he said, no less than 5 but hard pressed to get more than 7...all depending on what part of country, and what kind of duty day ;)

600 for a single pilot? I used to get 600 sitting right seat in a Lear 45. Providing SP operations, I would ask for atleast 700. Best of luck-

I am doing some contract work now for the first time and have some questions.

If we are out of base for a day and don't fly. Is it appropriate to charge a daily rate? I think so.

If we are in base and do not fly, is it appropriate to negotiate a 1/2 day rate plus expenses, in lieu of going home for a 24 or 36 hours?

I am doing some contract work now for the first time and have some questions.

If we are out of base for a day and don't fly. Is it appropriate to charge a daily rate? I think so.

If we are in base and do not fly, is it appropriate to negotiate a 1/2 day rate plus expenses, in lieu of going home for a 24 or 36 hours?

Not sure what youre asking...out of base is RON, no? If so, thats definitely a day rate. And how are you in base, but dont fly...do you not live near base?

As for me, my day rate started when I left my house and ran until I returned to it. I helped cover airplanes all over the state for years, as well as one in Texas, Indiana, and even an oddball in Teterboro. Day rate plus expenses is the norm; airlines, hotel, transportation, and meals. And for the stingy entities, I found it easier to add a flat fee to the day rate instead of trying to save food receipts and justify eating a 20 dollar meal instead of burger king ;)

Latest resources

Back