Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

SoundBarViolatr

Yankee Air Pirate
Thank you for all the advice on my previous thread "Corporate Vs Charter", and please, keep em coming. Anyone have any input on a good guideline for industry standards on the subject position pay? I'm going to be in negotiation this week and so far all I have for ammunition is the NetJet chart from Will Fly For Food.

Assuming you are not already typed, and depending on location, I would say in the 60-65k range, with a raise expected in a year or so.

If you already have an Excel type rating and experience, I would look for $70k.

SoundBarViolatr said:
Thank you for all the advice on my previous thread "Corporate Vs Charter", and please, keep em coming. Anyone have any input on a good guideline for industry standards on the subject position pay? I'm going to be in negotiation this week and so far all I have for ammunition is the NetJet chart from Will Fly For Food.
So much depends upon where you're located. Part 91? I know a guy flying a CJ2 making over $100K. You get what you can negotiate. A part 91 captain in any jet is worth at least $85K.

'Sled

Have to agree with 'sled, quality flight department, part 91 in on the west coast would be closer to 90K for an excel. More if it's a single aircraft CP position.

What a disturbing thread to read about excel pay but also enlightening. I am typed in the 560xl and approximately 1000 hours in type and making mid fifties. HMMM

Hemispheres said:
What a disturbing thread to read about excel pay but also enlightening. I am typed in the 560xl and approximately 1000 hours in type and making mid fifties. HMMM
FWIW, if you're doing ANY 135 flying I don't consider it a Part 91 job. Part 135 salaries are lower.

'Sled

according to the 2005 salary study from professional pilot (june 2005 issue):

CA:

V/Ultra/Encore: High 93k, Avg. 69k, Low 48k
Excel: High 97k, Avg. 78k, Low 50k

FO:
V/Ultra/Encore: High 52k, Avg. 38k, Low 33k
Excel: High 56k, Avg. 43k, Low 37k

This info probably comes too late, hope your negotiations went well.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back