Citation Shares Vector

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Currious

One of our guys who was canned from NJA went over to CS (CS has hired almost every pilot fired from NJA BTW) and flew for over a year and got fired as well.

The reason: He didn't want to attend sim recurrent on his days off and not get paid. Guess he forgot he didn't have a Union Contract. With all the probs here at NJA, at least the 2 X 6 (12) days a year in sim are on thier time, not mine.

Does CS also do thier company recurrents on days off as well? Ours is another 6 days from the schedule once a year.

Griz: I must disagree. I do not think the BH is gonna sink anymore seed money into the aviation business in the forseeable future. At least not until the next real aviation up cycle.
Aviation has not been the bright shinning star that BH invisioned. FSI and NJets not setting any world record profits at the moment.

King

Griz: I must disagree. I do not think the BH is gonna sink anymore seed money into the aviation business in the forseeable future. At least not until the next real aviation up cycle.
Aviation has not been the bright shinning star that BH invisioned. FSI and NJets not setting any world record profits at the moment.
I guess the NY Times has been lying to us again, I just read that the aviaition side of BH blew away the investment side. BH didn't seed the operation of NetJets anyway, it was already growing at an enormous pace before BH bought the cash cow at a steeply discounted price. Fractionals don't wait for up cycles, most of the people who ride in the back of these planes aren't affected much by the economy. I agree that I don't think BH is going to sink any money into the operation because they don't have to. There is so much money, they are starting fractionals in every **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** country they they can sell an airplane to. They would rather grow their operation, than pay the pilots who made everything happen.

just the facts

As quoted by: Brnjetfuel"One of our guys who was canned from NJA went over to CS (CS has hired almost every pilot fired from NJA BTW) and flew for over a year and got fired as well. "

Maybe this guy just can't follow the rules... I see a pattern here. I don't have any sympathy for him.

Last edited:
tailhookah said:
As quoted by: Brnjetfuel"One of our guys who was canned from NJA went over to CS (CS has hired almost every pilot fired from NJA BTW) and flew for over a year and got fired as well. "

Maybe this guy just can't follow the rules... I see a pattern here. I don't have any sympathy for him.
Yea, but to hear BrnJetFuel tell it, it was CS fault because they made him go to training on his days off. What a dooshbahg. :rolleyes:

I've been doing this for a long time and have learned to wait and see. Still do not see BH poppin' down anymore money for aviation ventures. I am beginning to wonder what the plan is for NJ. Hard times for WB. Personal issues may drive him to depart the pattern early. He is past Mid 70's. Already said his money goes to a foundation.

Anyone out there fly the CJ1 for CS? I have a friend who will be starting training on the CJ1. Can anyone give me an idea of the sorts of routes from a west coast base - maybe an example of a work week in terms of destinations hit and sectors per day? Just a rough example.

I personally would prefer the shorter hops (I don't have that luxury now)...

How many fuel stops to W coast

CJ1 pilots, how do you handle trips from E to W coast with fuel? Do the passengers like sitting for 4 legs and all the hours it takes to go from left to right coast?

At CitationShares, can you choose what fleet you will be assigned to?

CS domiciles

someone up top asked whether CS capn's are fly from home but CS fo's must commute to the domiciles. can anyone shed some light on this subject?

thanks.

At CS, your aircraft is assigned when hired. When upgrade time comes, you go where you are needed. It really doesn't matter, as the pay is the same for all three aircraft.

Both Captains and First officers must live, (no crashpads) within 120 minutes from their base. You pick, are not assigned, your base.

Latest resources

Back