• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Shamus

FL 510
I tried this in the Corporate but no luck,

Anyone have the NBAA pay scale of a Citation one, or estimates, 135 with a low time FO, I'm the PIC and the HNIC.LOL

dont have #s for a one but a Citation two:
CA $56,000
FO $34,000
both are average for charter.

BTW who cares if the FO is low time - if they are doing the job they should be paid what the seat is worth

Capthuff, I'm surprised at you!

Please don't post lowball numbers like that as NBAA averages for a Citation II charter captain. What are you thinking? ;)

Average for Citation II captain in my neighborhood is 75k. Starting pay for a lowtimer with no experience is 60K.

My appologies. I should have prefaced these numbers with fact they were taken out of the ProPilot reprint in the June issue. They say they are average. We all know there are pilots working for less as well as pilots working for more.
You know darn well Southern California pays better then Southern Florida. That is because of the low ball operators and the low ball pilots willing to do the work.

English, your cat looks real happy. I'm gonna report you to SPCA

I think there is a large disparity between propilot numbers and NBAA numbers. Could be wrong tho'. I just don't trust the Propilot numbers.

My cat is very happy. She likes margaritas! Really she does!

Newest NBAA survey for Captain, Base Salary (before bennies), Light Jet (under 20,000lbs).

233 Respondents.

Average: $65,973
Median: $64,000

These numbers are national average.

FWIW-18 months ago I was offered a CJ2 job in SoCal for $75K + type rating. I had <20hrs. in Citations. The pilot I was replacing had several thousand hours in CJ's and was making $120K. If you're experienced, charge accordingly.

120K in a CJ2?

Let me guess, it was also part 91.

<sigh> looking for love in all the wrong places...

English said:
120K in a CJ2?

Let me guess, it was also part 91.

<sigh> looking for love in all the wrong places...
Yep. The owner decided to "try" 135 for awhile. That's why the $120K guy was leaving.;)

Latest resources

Back