• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Citation Mustang

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
From the little that I know, much of the Citation Mustang came from the Cessna parts bin. Not a bad thing in my opinion.

The VLJ world is really down to the Phenom and the Mustang and generally backed up by companies that are (unlikely) to go out of business. The aircraft is too new to have much of a history in terms of incidents and accidents, but much of the Citation Line has been very very safe.

Might be a nice type to have. There is a company call JetEquity based out of Tulsa that will seen be using these jets in thier business. Hopefully it will work well.

Thats all I know :)

Its supported by Cessna, easy to fly single-pilot, Garmin avionics are familiar to many people, the fuel burns & approach speeds are stupidly low and its only a *touch* slower/smaller than a straight CJ...with more rear cargo space. I was actually quite impressed with the size of its cabin, and its cheaper to acquire than a TBM850.

I think there have been a few teething problems with the airframe (like most new planes have) and a handful of those have been operator-induced. Also, as its a relatively new airframe and many are owner-flown insurance could be fairly pricey.

excellent combination of performance and cost
100 gph block to block....TAS 350 kts @ FL390...huge baggage capacity...easy to fly and G1000 makes single pilot ops comfortable... great brakes and ridiculously low ref speeds 88 kts...excellent air conditioning system... passengers like the airplane

DISLIKES
It only weighs 8645 so it's a light airplane in turbulance...a little slow during descent in high density arrivals...learning the G1000 is frustrating initially... afterwards its incredible

Latest resources

Back