• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

docsalvage

According to Cessna Citation 550 Maintence Manuals, maintence may be
delayed up to 30 hours. Does this apply to part 91 and part 135
operators. Seems like I could just say, Cessna says I can delay the
next inspection 30 hours, so when I get to the next phase inspection I'm adding 30 hours to the due times, call me when you get to the new numbers.
I'll inspect the plane then.

Word of warning to you...
Unless you get that in writting by Cessna with your model and serial number - you might get a violation.
If you are FAR 91, check in your chapter 5 and at the begining of the chapter it should tell you if you can use the 10% rule.

135 operators will have to seek the extension from uncle Fed.

(you only need to get burned once by this one and you will never do it again)

I'm sure our AAIP is just like most everyone else's...We will maintain and repair it according to the Cessna Model 550 Maintence Manual. I saw the 10% rule, but what I referred to was the Inspection Time Limitations. (5-12-00, page 7) they say phases 1-5 due points can be extended for maintence scheduling purposes as provided below....up to max 30 hours or two calendar months from the due points. And on.
Nothing refers to part 91 or pt 135. And nothing specific in the AAIP.
I'm looking for something in writing that says I can use this paragraph, or this other paragraph or...

Sorry I have not been on the forum in a while to pick this back up, but I can tell you that you need authorization by the FAA to over fly an inspection if you are a 135 operator.
I was an inspector or a 135 operation when we havd a Lear that was coming up on a 300 hr when the crew decided to add an extra leg to their trip. Whe they returned to base it went directly into a prebuy at Bombardier and they flagged the 300 hour to be overflown by 3 hours. (within the 10% allowed by the chapt 5). But because it was 135, the brokers looking at it ran to uncle Fed and threw me under the bus for the 3 hour flyover.

For that reason, I will not work at another 135 company.....and oh some of the stories I could tell.

Just watch out for the clause that any "time" over the inspection limit is subtracted from the next "time due." (you Over fly 5 hrs next inspection due at 295 from then.)

As A 135 operator all that should be required to over fly the inspection is a letter to the feds stating you are doing it, for how long you will over fly and when you are going to comply with the inspection. Of course this dependes on what your OPS SPEC say. It will be spelled out in there

The Chapter 5 of the 550 maintenance manual says that you may fly over the inspection time by up to 30 hours or 2 months for scheduling. If the AAIP that you are working with says that you will follow the Manufaturer's Maintenance Program and it is unchanged then you are approved to do that by virtue of the APPROVED Aircraft Inspection Program.

Latest resources

Back