• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Citation III ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We're talking many years ago, but the Citation III I flew (s/n 61), had an airborne approved APU installed, I believe from a STC thru Duncan

the 650 was strange like that. I think there were 24 APU/pac variations on the model. There are not many that don't have one (I think single digits).

I would not think that an STC would be necessary. Why not call up Cessna?

Quite frankly, why bother. If it has Freon air, just use a local GPU.

The cost of installation would be astounding, the those things LOVE the runway as it is.

I'm not sure about the apu STC.

Once the 650 was finally off the runway, though.....I always thought it was well balanced and the nicest flying jet that Cessna made (although a little under powered).

Good luck-

You will sweat your nuts off if you DO have an apu unless it has the flood cooling mod

Dont knock the Citation 3 I have 4000 hrs in that bird and love it.. Many short hop summer departures from aspen eagle etc....

Winter no problem

Do you have serial number #2 by chance?

Dare I ask if there is any information on the Flood Cooling Mod for installation? We are sweating our balls off with the APU, and summer is a coming!h

PATS APU (STC) and the Hamilton Standard ECU's (SB, I believe). I operated -056 years ago with that configuration and it served us well. It was reliable and did a good job of cooling the cabin.

You will sweat your nuts off if you DO have an apu unless it has the flood cooling mod

Dont knock the Citation 3 I have 4000 hrs in that bird and love it.. Many short hop summer departures from aspen eagle etc....

Winter no problem

Do you have serial number #2 by chance?

Hey clickclickboom

I know all about S/N 0002. I look after it at the moment. Did you fly her in the past ??

Latest resources

Back