• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Citation Bravo?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If I remember right, the typical cruise was 380 kts and full tanks will give you about 4 hours with reserves. Although with full tanks, you only have enough room for about 500 lbs of payload. I think this is an average burn schedule:

Full tanks = 4,850
1st hr - 1200
2nd hr - 1000
3rd hr - 900
4th hr - 800

It's been a while so somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

If you can afford the extra $1M or so in capital, get a CJ3...its got more speed and better fuel burns (405kts and 780-800pph @ FL450), WAY more baggage, and substantially more upside when it comes to future resale value.

I have flown a long range profile in the Citation Bravo with the tanks full, and been aloft just over six hours. I don't recall all of the details as it was several years ago, but it required a climb to FL450 as soon as possible. This was with two crew, light baggage, and full tanks.

I have flown a long range profile in the Citation Bravo with the tanks full, and been aloft just over six hours. I don't recall all of the details as it was several years ago, but it required a climb to FL450 as soon as possible. This was with two crew, light baggage, and full tanks.

Was this before you got your Gulfstream?

What K.V. said is exactly what I use, except FL410 and above is around 360-370. I've been up for about 5 hours in a Bravo (KIAD-KROW) with 2 pax and light bags. The baggage area is tight in the Bravo, but workable.

I'm currently flying both the Bravo and CJ3. Ditto to what spxdriver said. If you can afford the extra $$ the CJ3 is one heck of a machine. The CJ3 just makes life easier.

KV & Skyball are right on...

The nice thing about the Bravo is that you can store a ton of baggage in the 'lav area' legally since it will not block an exit back there unlike the CJ series.

PM me your email and I will send you an awesome powerpoint comparison of the Bravo vs. CJ2/CJ3... I made it myself 6 months ago when the boss was looking to upgrade.

Yeah the CJ3 is sexier and performs a lot better but personally sitting in the back with a cold beer I would just as well prefer a bravo as it has a bigger galley, longer tube, seats 7 comfortably and is more than half the price.

We file for 370 kts even though some say 380-390... maybe at 31,000 ft. Mine also wont go to 450 when at gross unless your ISA -10ish. It does well to 390/410 but anything higher usually requires a weight near 13,000 in my honest opinion.

Latest resources

Back