Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Citation Bravo Captain (3 Postions) ( Part: 91 / 135 )

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

oiltycoon

Some of you may have seen this on corproatepilot.com

Gotta love this welcoming and encouraging job listing- a little bitter are we?:

http://www.corporatepilot.com/jobs/job179_07.html

This position is open until 12-31-07

Qualifications:
Minimum Qualifications:
• ATP
• First Class Medical
• 4000 hrs Total Flight Time
• 3000 hrs MEL
• 1000 hrs Turbine
• 100 hrs In Type

Misc:
Citation Bravo Captain (3 Postions)
US
A terrific family run 91/135 company

· GREAT SCHEDULE
· 100 percent medical, Dental & Vision for pilot and Family...almost Unheard of
· Flex Spending Account
· 2 Weeks paid vacation the first year.
· You do not need to relocate...you are airlined to the aircraft
· We will pay for your recurrent but you must be typed.

The Bottom line...we take care of our people. We are offering a lot, IN EXCHANGE, here is what we want from you.
· We want career people who will stay with the company.
· We want people with a great personality.
·
If you have ever been criticized for your people skills towards FO's, the Mechanics who keep you ALIVE or other employees OR you simply know that you are difficult Captain to get along with...DON'T WASTE MY TIME APPLYING!

· MUST HAVE HAD a stable employment history.

Start date to be on or about January 10, 2008. To ensure a safe environment and quality people, we will conduct a drug screening, as well as a 10-year criminal background Check. A DMV check and pilot records check will be performed. So if you have anything to hide...don't apply. All of this is important as we fly celebrities.
Date of last Flight Safety/Simuflite C550 PC:
If you obtained your type or recurrent at SimCom...to bad...we do not recognize them for anything!
This is a later model Bravo, it is very nicely equipped and extremely well maintained. PLEASE STATE YOUR SALARY REQUIREMENTS in order to be considered!
Email resumes to [email protected]

I didn't know there was anything wrong with SimCom. Is this just a "status" thing ? Maybe ye of much jet experience can enlighten me.

Sounds like there would be many stories to be told after working here.

I refer to them as "Sim Comical." They suck.

If you have been to both (FSI and Sim Com), you'll understand. I can't speak for Simuflite.

I refer to them as "Sim Comical." They suck.

If you have been to both (FSI and Sim Com), you'll understand. I can't speak for Simuflite.

list one example of why they suck. I've been to all three, and it's all the same $hit.

Sent them a resume, the 'great schedule' is 10 on and 5 off. They neglected to mention that in the post. :)

No thanks!

list one example of why they suck. I've been to all three, and it's all the same $hit.

Customer service for one....here is an easy one. Compare their break room to FSI's (now, I can only speak for Cessna FSI). Fruit, bread, spreads, Starbucks coffee, soups, TV, recliners, resource room with various FMS/GPS units for training (among tons of other audio-visuals on various topics), snooze room, freaking Plaquers in the bathroom! It is like being in a nice FBO. There are two guys there whose ONLY job is to keep everything stocked night and day.

Walk into Simcom break room...beat up chairs and a few couches. No decent coffee. Powder creamer. No Splenda. NO snacks or food. No TV. Three internet computers in a tiny little space. Not inviting to me at all.

Don't even get me started on the quality of the sim (at least the one I have experienced) and their training books. Crapola.

You get what you pay for.

I have not been to SimCom but I have been to the other big 2. I have flown with and talked with one of the PM's at SC. I questioned him about the negative attitudes towards SC and he put it this way.
If you price it out FSI is a few thousand more than SF and they are a few thousand more than SC. So with that theory is FSI better that SF? Not really, as I have said earlier I have been to both of them. It all comes down to you get out of it what you put in it. I didn't have all these fancy slides to get through college but yet I figured it out while I tried to pickle my liver for years. While I enjoy looking at cool Power Point slides and animations is it making me a better or safer pilot? SC is there for a reason the low cost training alternative. It will be there for years to come just like the low cost airlines. Just like a low cost air carrier SC will get you from point A to B for less money. Many contract pilots we use depend on a low cost training to help them survive in this industry. I have yet to notice a difference between pilots that could be pointed directly at the training center.
As far as the sims.. I think they all suck-while even the newest of sims has glitches any box is not like the real thing-it just gets you used to sitting in that environment, performing tasks while making decisions, and making the machine do what you command it to do.
So when you peel away the media resources like computers and FMS simulators and fancy dining facility, hang glider simulator and comfy lounges and fancy computer generated graphics what have you really got? It is a training center not a SPA.
Fact is they are still FAA approved. Just like the others.
You still walk away with the same result for less money.
Most insurance companies that I have found will recognize all 3 training centers.
Likely, the person who made the job offer has never gone to SC and can only judge from rumor or possible a bad pilot that trained there.
If it is so bad it would be interesting to see the numbers on accident and incident ratios split up between training facilities. My guess would be that they would find no conclusive evidence.

Then to find out that some Great Schedule is 10 on 5 off. Touting all the other bennies-woo hoo. If you have to spell it out in a job description like we need a guy who can play well with others then it is clear the kind of people they are attracting. It is obvious to see what this job is...a stepping stone or a job till you find a better one as the guy you will be working for sounds like a real treat to work with.
Then this one is the icing:
· MUST HAVE HAD a stable employment history.
When it is obvious that they don't have the same.

Last edited:
Customer service for one....here is an easy one. Compare their break room to FSI's (now, I can only speak for Cessna FSI). Fruit, bread, spreads, Starbucks coffee, soups, TV, recliners, resource room with various FMS/GPS units for training (among tons of other audio-visuals on various topics), snooze room, freaking Plaquers in the bathroom! It is like being in a nice FBO. There are two guys there whose ONLY job is to keep everything stocked night and day.

Walk into Simcom break room...beat up chairs and a few couches. No decent coffee. Powder creamer. No Splenda. NO snacks or food. No TV. Three internet computers in a tiny little space. Not inviting to me at all.

Don't even get me started on the quality of the sim (at least the one I have experienced) and their training books. Crapola.

You get what you pay for.

How does any of this justify SC as "not being recognized" for their quality of training? The training is very similar -- I have been to FS and SC both multiple times.

Latest resources

Back