• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Cirrus Jet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Its amazing to think.. there is a market for all these microjets, when there really is not.... it will be interesting to see who makes it and who closes there doors, leaving investors and buyers high and dry.

According to AIN Alerts, Cirrus is about to announce a single-engine "personal jet". Under 1 mil, 25,000 ceiling, 1,000NM range, 300KTAS cruise. Sounds like their competitor to Diamond's D-Jet. Should be interesting to see if they can keep to those numbers.

http://www.ainalerts.com/ainalerts/alerts/100506.html

Here's the website - watch for more.
www.the-jet.com

I thought you were talking about a jet! :laugh:

I think even the ME 262 performed better than that. For that matter, even the P51 flies higher and faster.

Saw the Piper jet mockup at AOPA. By far its the best looking of the vljs.
And it was MOBBED for the whole weekend. You guys saying theres no market for them are way off. Once these go to market I think you'll see a lot of pistons on the used market...

im pretty sure it was just someone having fun with photoshop. i read an article that said the cirrus jet will be the companies first attempt at a retractable gear aircraft. either way i think it would be pretty fun to fly, the SR22 is a blast!!

and i agree with shiny there is a substancial market for these aircraft the preorder sales so far have been astonishing. I work at a busy GA airport and the companies that fly small aircraft like barons and the such have exressed great interest in the VLJ's

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back