• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

circling approach terrain clearance

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
300 feet pops into me brain. i'm sure somebody will quickly correct me though with a terps answer.

circling app terrain clnc

i saw the 300' in "everything explained for the prof pilot", but can't find it in the regs anywhere and does the 300' work for all app categories?

Looking at some data for TAWS it would appear that 300' is a terminal number and 250' relates to an approach value. In my past life we set the RA at 250' for all non-precision approaches so that is probably where I am getting my info from. This is a good question and given a little more time I will see what I can find in the TERPS.

Cargo69 said:
i saw the 300' in "everything explained for the prof pilot", but can't find it in the regs anywhere and does the 300' work for all app categories?

re the categories. I'd think so...isn't it 1.3nm for cat A and increasing from there? higher MDA for higher categories...

-mini

Minimum clearance on the final approach segment is 300'. It's in the TERPS

146guy said:
300 feet pops into me brain. i'm sure somebody will quickly correct me though with a terps answer.

TERPS answer: yep, you're right. paragraph 260(b) "Obstacle clearance, a minimum of 300 feet of obstacle clearence shall be provided in the circling approach area."

Latest resources

Back