Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Gumby

Gettin' my JERK on!
Anyone have any input on the Cingular "Crackberrys" which would be the models 7290, or the 7100Q? Good or bad, and use overseas!
Thanks!

Gumby,

Dont have the crackberry myself, but use Cingular all over the world and phone and web browser work everywhere. I assume if you can send/recieve data via phone same would apply to your crackberry. Only place it wont work is Japan, but - if you need to - you can rent a 3G handset or berry from there and plug in your cingular chip and good to go. charges just appear on your bill like you used your phone.

Also see passengers pecking on Cingular berrys at just about every stop we make overseas.

hope that helps a little.

(hope I didnt scare ya too bad this morning...:0 )

G200

Have one and love the portable e-mail capability ... The phone portion of it however is horrible. Gets a very weak signal while the guy next to you with a regular cingular cell hone is working just fine..

I've got a Cingular 7290. Works very well for company BES email and I've found it to be acceptable as a phone as well. I have a personal Cingular phone and, contrary to h25b's experience, I find the 7290 and my Moto V-551 to be comparable in rf converage.

A Cingular 7290 will work anywhere there is GSM coverage. We use ours all over the world.

One downside...our crew has 4 7290's. So far 2 of them have had to go back for warranty replacement. They both locked up and woudln't reboot. Not a very sterling record for a very expensive handheld.

eljefe said:
One downside...our crew has 4 7290's. So far 2 of them have had to go back for warranty replacement. They both locked up and woudln't reboot. Not a very sterling record for a very expensive handheld.

I'm experiencing thiw problem as we speak and think I will upgrade to one of the newer Blackberry models..

Cingular and such...

Thanks Men for the replies...I was thinking of trading in my Nokia for one of the Crackberrys...My FLOPS buddy, has sent his back a few times, for locking up, and the sounds quality is like arse!
Gulfstream 200, it was a pleasure seeing you so soon after your release from the big house! How were the "3 hots and a cot" any how?
Dont tell Rice about our time together, he tends to get Jealous!;)

Gumby said:
................Dont tell Rice about our time together, he tends to get Jealous!;)

After I finished laughing my a$$ off, the mental picture of you two "spending some time" together had me hurling my breakfast for an hour.

eljefe said:
I've got a Cingular 7290. Works very well for company BES email and I've found it to be acceptable as a phone as well. I have a personal Cingular phone and, contrary to h25b's experience, I find the 7290 and my Moto V-551 to be comparable in rf converage.

A Cingular 7290 will work anywhere there is GSM coverage. We use ours all over the world.

On my third BB as we speak. Phone service (Cingular) is okay at best. The phone features are not user friendly as opposed to just about any other device iMO. Can be a problem in Asia and So. Pacific. Forget Tahiti completely!

Email is pretty good and for us it saves the day. Virtually everyone in our department carries one no what their job, so there is really no excuse for being out of touch via email. Driving and using the BB is akin is just asking for problems unless you use the ear bud or BT.

Latest resources

Back