• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Cincinnati

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Is it possible to have a crash pad in Cincinnati and not require a vehicle? (of course this is after training) Does anyone do that or what?

It's my understanding that N. Kentucky has a pretty good bus system. It makes a stop at the same location the Employee shuttle does. Sometimes I think it might be faster for me to walk a couple of blocks and get on a bus that delivers me directly to the door I enter to go to ops, than for me to get in my car and drive to the employee parking lot, drive around for ten minutes looking for a decent parking place, wait another ten minutes for an employee shuttle to show up, then ride another five minutes before reaching the same place. Remember, the same process is repeated in reverse when you go home, except the employee shuttle has to stop at terminals two and three first. Sometimes, for some inexplicable reason, the shuttle will drive right on by without picking you up. Sometimes the shuttle driver just parks at terminal three for several minutes, even though no one is getting on or off.

I live five minutes from the airport, but it can take between twenty and thirty minutes, on average, to actually arrive at the computer where I can "clock in" for work. Ridiculous.

Has anyone heard of Anderson Township, I guess it's on the east side of Cincinnati? What sort of area is that?

Try MLS Northern Kentucky! I was born and raised in Boone County. I think you'll get more for your money and less headache from the traffic if you live in Northern Kentucky. Just my two cents worth.

Anderson Township is nice. I live in Mt. Lookout which is near 2 minutes from Anderson. The commute to CVG is about 25 minutes.

Young and want to meet chicks

Ohio
Mt. Adams- Overpriced and old, but Upscale and a great yuppy nightlife.-2 bedroom 950 per month, 15-20 mins from cvg, 1 min to downtown and lots of fun.

Mt. Lookout-Same as above, 25 mins from cvg, 8 mins to downtown.

Hyde Park- Only if mom and Dad are going to help

Kentucky

Nothing

Ready to settle to the burbs or buy a house

Ohio
Not on F.O. salary

Kentucky
All I can Say is Florence Y'ALL
More Bang for your buck 3 mins to the airport, 10-15 Mins to downtown. The same house in Florence will cost $20,000 more in Ohio and be 10-20 miles farther out.

From the Ohio side...

I currently live 35 miles from CVG, on the north side of Cincinnati.

The housing here is more expensive if you purchase a new home. If you purchase an older home, more than 10 years old, you'll get more for the dollar in Ohio. My wife and I purchased our home (4BR/2.5 BA/2 car garage) in 1998 for $121,500. A new home in KY/OH costs about $40,000 more and is typically smaller.

Winton Woods charges a 1/2 percent income tax. Springfield Township (where I live) does not.

For those on reserve, I could get from home to ops in an hour, 15 minutes from the time the pager went off. That's in bad weather. Right now, it's about an hour.

If you are National Guard/Reserve, WPAFB is an hour away.

If you're like me and hate traffic, live as close to CVG as possible. Florence is nice and there are a lot of options. If you decide to live North up in Cincinnati your going to love driving 275 or negotiating the other major routes. A real pain in the @ss...

I especially like "Florence Y-All" on the mall water tower :)

Latest resources

Back