Cincinnati Enquirer - Scope DL and OH

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Vortilon said:
I do have a question....does the CRJ700 have more legroom than the 50-seat CRJ? I haven't ridden on it yet and I figured it'd be about the same.
Seemed the same to me.

Vortilon said:
I do have a question....does the CRJ700 have more legroom than the 50-seat CRJ? I haven't ridden on it yet and I figured it'd be about the same.

Tailwinds...
They are the same. 31" pitch, 17.5" width.

737-200 30-32" pitch, 17.0" width
737-800 31" pitch, 17.0" width
757-200 31" pitch, 17.0" width
767-300 (international) 31-32" pitch, 18.0" width
777 31-32" pitch, 17" width

Looks like they're not as cramped as some would say. You'd have to go international to get a wider seat.

Looks like they're not as cramped as some would say. You'd have to go international to get a wider seat.
The real problem on the CRJ isn't the cramped seat... It's the crappy seat. If they spent the extra few bucks on a better seat, people wouldn't complain nearly as much.

I couldn't agree more. The reason that folks think the seat is smaller is due to its poor padding and lousy contruction. I'm sure there was a weight tradeoff in only putting a thin layer of cushioning material, but it makes the seat uncomfortable after a short time, and when the padding wears out completely, the cross seat brace is plainly obvious to the most padded posterior.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back