Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

crjdxr

Sunday, July 18, 2004

[font=aria,helvetica]Delta 'scope' limiting growth [/font][font=arial,helvetica]Comair already feels constraints [/font]

By James Pilcher
Enquirer staff writer

Pay, productivity ... regional jets? While it might not seem as important as compensation and hours in the cockpit, Delta Air Lines' use of regional jets at carriers such as Erlanger-based Comair is certain to be an issue when the airline and its pilots sit down to discuss concessions later this month.

Full article here:

http://www.enquirer.com/editions/2004/07/18/biz_rjscope18.html

I have NO idea why I posting on this thread, but...

Decent article except the author does not mention that the other restructured carriers used to have far more restrictive scope clauses that DAL has ever had. Limits on 50 seat jets, NO 70 seat jets...etc. Smells of the usual "DAL kicking CVG in the nuts" writing. ;)

As if Comair could have purchased all of its jets by itself....typical CVG selective amnesia....

I do have a question....does the CRJ700 have more legroom than the 50-seat CRJ? I haven't ridden on it yet and I figured it'd be about the same.

Tailwinds...

Was that in the "National Enquirer?"

Vortilon said:
As if Comair could have purchased all of its jets by itself....typical CVG selective amnesia....
Prayer --- Father forgive them for they know not what they say.

FYI, Comair bought all of its jets itself pre Delta, including firm orders for 135 50-seaters + 20 70-seaters and options for 90 more, with Comair money.

The acquisition by Delta has hardly been a bonanza for Comair. All its done is saddle us with a stupid scope clause. Fact is we could have done better without you, but thanks anyway for the kind thoughts.

Smacktard said:
Doesn't 85% of the DCI traffic connect to a mainline flight?
I don't know how much DCI traffic now connects to a mainline flight, Delta keeps that a secret.

What I do know is that prior to the buyout only 40% of Comair's traffic connected to a Delta flight. I can't speak for the others.

Smacktard said:
Doesn't 85% of the DCI traffic connect to a mainline flight?
It does on ASA. Only about 40% connects on Comair.

Of course ASA is usually so late that when the flight does arrive, there is nothing to connect to.

~~~^~~~

See Next with quote

Last edited:
~~~^~~~ said:
It does on ASA. Only about 40% connects on Comair.

Of course ASA is usually so late that when the flight does arrive, there is nothing to connect to.

~~~^~~~
The last time I checked Delta, Comair and ASA are all on the same team so I guess it really does not matter who connect to who as long as they fly on us. At least we all have jobs and are not selling cars or flipping burgers.

Alpa is in the business of reprenting the best interest of each group. They do not purposely pit one group against another. Furthermore, the last time I checked we don't work for Delta, Comair or ASA.....We work for the passengers!!! Delta just collects the money and distributes the profits. We must not be so dam divided and remember we get paid to fly the airplanes not make the decisions. Most importantly, we certain cannot hold other carrier pilots responsible for a decision that is made by mamagement. The only thing you can control is your attitude!

Oh By the way ASA flights are on time nmore than you think!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back