Cia

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

roninpilot

Anyone have any info on or offline about flying for the Agency or one of her contractors??

Thx

Right now you can get hired to give FARC some trap shooting practice. Be careful some of those guys and girls do a pretty darn good job with an AK-47 on a moving target.

By the way that website that Avbug just gave is a great one to visit especially if you intend to fly into any of South America, Africa, or any other exotic country. It will also lead you into the State Dept. website which has some great info. also.

Thanks for the info, but I've been all over the CIA website many times and have never seen anything about flying positions. I will still send them a resume though.

As stated before, you're not going to find anything there about flying positions. Those are contracted out, and are recruited by the contractors, not the CIA.

Do you have a desire for a particular type of operation, or do you specifically want to work for the CIA? When you contact them, have a clear reasoning for wanting to work for the Agency; enamorization with the Agency only makes them nervous. If you work for a contractor, you won't be working for the CIA. You'll be employed by a private contractor.

Bear in mind that many operations from which the CIA benifits or participates, are run by other agencies, or contractors to agencies (most typically outsourced, these days). It's a complex, and very large, playing field.

In agreement with Avbug, I am not sure of your intent....Do you want to fly for " adventure", or do you want to work for an intelligence agency, or ..no offense...do you think it is like the Air America movie? Just curious, because if you want to fly contract...well, good luck to you..in Colombia...or where ever...if you want to get into intel...thats a whole different ball game, and yes as avbug stated you will make those in Virginia very suspicious with too much interest. My advise based on what you ask,without knowing more of your specific desires, keep flying...and just, well...forget about intel work.. Good Luck-kryptos

Last edited:
Thanks for the info,

I am not some how you say "Air America" Groupie, I am in fact a government aviator and have worked with intelligence agencies in the past. Just not directly for them. You can save the condescending, snide and uninformative remarks for your fellow private pilots. I'm looking for real info from real people that really know. If you're not one of them: Keep it to yourself.

That's pretty funny. You're pretty funny "ronin pilot". You get on a public forum with a name from a hollywood movie, ask about flying for a government agency, and when someone asks you some legit. questions, you critique them and tell them how experienced you are with intel already. You aren't going to get too much help that way, mister. Ever hear of "catch more flies with honey...."? By the way, it is Earnest Gann...it isn't spelled with an "h" in Earnst. That might be the first thing you do in your "intel" career.

Diesel8,

I haven't seen the movie "ronin pilot" but I'll have to check it out. I my friend happen to learn terms from other things like books. I greatly appreciate informative info on prospective jobs such as what avbug and TurboS7 provided. However well intended, I don't need someone who's watched one to many movies (from the safety of his/her living room) to give me their opinion on whether or not I should pursue a career in the "intel" community.

want2flyy wrote:

[.no offense...do you think it is like the Air America movie? Just curious, because if you want to fly contract...well, good luck to you..in Colombia...or where ever...if you want to get into intel...thats a whole different ball game, and yes as avbug stated you will make those in Virginia very suspicious with too much interest. My advise based on what you ask,without knowing more of your specific desires, keep flying...and just, well...forget about intel work]

I may be on a public board looking for information (not necessarily information from the public) but I'm not looking for advice on career moves, there's a big difference. I never claimed to work in the "intel" community mister, I have however been in the military for over 10 years, flying attack helicopters for 7. Not trying to sound cool, but I've flown in Korea, Hungary, Croatia, Bosnia, and a few other places doing attack helicopter operations. I'm not an off the shelf CFI looking to be the next james bond. I just want to serve on a little different playing field, that's all. Thanks for the spelling correction by the bye.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back