• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Chub Cay

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yes, it has been awhile, but be advised there is nothing there but a strip, small ramp and a customs shack/bathroom at the airport. We were there on a trip for only a few hours.

Bring some US cash for fees, a rod and bathing suit. There is some decent fishing in the flats by the strip, or go to the other side of the island for a nice beach. Oh yeah, and bring something to eat.

Not sure about acommodations. I think there is a beach club that does rooms, nut not sure. No bars or restaurants outside of the club.

Get lunch at the Chub Cay Club....you can walk it from the airport.

Has anyone stayed at the Chub Cay Club?

Sounds like no Jet A at the airport???

I learned from experience, any time you are heading to the out islands, even if they advertise they have fuel, call ahead to make sure. And even if say they do, make sure that the lady that has the key to the fuel pump is not off island at a doctor's for the next three days. And still land with enough gas to hop over to the next island for gas if need be.

My boss has had a house there for about 15 years. Great little place but is under some serious construction.The customs agent's name is Ms. bain and is helpful. It is 20 dollars for a landing fee and 15 for each pass. No fuel is available and the runway is in ok shape. Hope this helps.

Isn't there a hanger about mid-field 10 feet of to the side. And last time I was there I remember you have to buzz the harbor to get the Customs agents to show up.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back