CHS to DHN

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

PA31Ho

I'm trying to find a ride from Charleston, SC to Dothan, AL on Wednesday July 27. My dad started flying back in the late 70's, then I was born... now I have my commercial multi. He bought a Cherokee and has been taking lessons for the past couple of months and now he has his private checkride on Wednesday and it would mean a great deal if I can be there for it. I really don't want to drive the 8 hours. I will be willing to pay for any costs. If you can help me out, please PM or email me.

Thank You!
Nick

It's interesting that you have your commercial multi, but

that you don't know you have offered to do something that's against the FARs.

Unless, by "willing to pay any costs," you mean that you are willing to charter an airplane. If this is the case, I suggest you might have more luck looking in the yellow pages under "Airplane Charter, Leasing and Rental" than on this here web site.

Let's see...CHS to DHN, wait time, and presumbably, return...I reckon about $3500 would be fair for a piston twin...maybe $5 grand for a turboprop ride.

Oh yeah, that's in U. S. dollars.

Have a nice day.

stop being a wise a$$ alright!

I've already got a few emails from people that are willing to help me out, so I don't need any of your lip - illegal, legal, fars... get out of here... there are people out there that own planes and are willing to go fly for a day for gas.

have a nice day

Well, there you have it, folks.

>>I've already got a few emails from people that are willing to help me out, so I don't need any of your lip - illegal, legal, fars... get out of here... there are people out there that own planes and are willing to go fly for a day for gas.<<

This is why you charter guys can't make a buck.

You know, I always say, it's not the wetbacks that are the problem...it's the people who hire them.

Same principle applies with this joker.

Have a nice day.

...this is givin' me the willies...a guy can't ask for a ride on the internet???...the "terrorists" are winning!

onthebeach said:
that you don't know you have offered to do something that's against the FARs.

Unless, by "willing to pay any costs," you mean that you are willing to charter an airplane. If this is the case, I suggest you might have more luck looking in the yellow pages under "Airplane Charter, Leasing and Rental" than on this here web site.

Let's see...CHS to DHN, wait time, and presumbably, return...I reckon about $3500 would be fair for a piston twin...maybe $5 grand for a turboprop ride.

Oh yeah, that's in U. S. dollars.

Have a nice day.

onthebeach said:
Lighten Up, Francis...

;).....:D

nosehair said:
...this is givin' me the willies...a guy can't ask for a ride on the internet???...the "terrorists" are winning!

Its not the terrorists, its something much more sinister, 14CFR135. Sharing the costs doesn't cut the mustard unless the prospective violator can't prove that he was going from CHS to DHN anyway. Its been proven in court that the flight time is a valuable compensation and constitutes a legal aircraft charter. Been there, paid the fine, got the T shirt.

erj-145mech said:
Its not the terrorists, its something much more sinister, 14CFR135.

...uuuh, that's what I was trying to "imply"...by "inquotating" the word "terrorist"...the 135 cops.

Latest resources

Back