Christopher Reeve

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

LJDRVR

I know somebody already posted a "farewell" to Christopher Reeve earlier this week, but I'm suprised nobody here knew or mentioned the most important part: Chris was one of us.

Reeve was a Private Pilot, Single and Multi-Engine land, Instrument Airplane and Glider Aero Tow. Prior to his accident, he owned and flew his own Piper Cheyenne, and did all of his own Stearman flying in the early eighties movie version of Ernie Gann's The Aviator. I never met Mr. Reeve, nor am I aware of his reputation as a pilot, but I have watched the aforementioned movie, and ANYONE who can handle PT-17 the way he does most certainly has my respect.

To a fellow Aviator, so long brother.

I met Christopher Reeve 18 years ago while attending FlightSafety Cheyenne Recurrent in Lakeland, Florida. We happened to have the same schedule and I was there with him on a couple of different occassions. He was a very likable guy - he always rented a Mustang convertable while he was there.

I remember telling my wife, after our first meeting, that I had stood next to him at the urinals in the men's room and that he was no "superman". It was a funny story then, but after his accident it became inappropriate.

The Cheyenne wasn't his first airplane; he owned a Baron first. He was also an avid glider pilot, a passon that we shared. Like I said, I didn't know him very well, but he was a nice guy and a good stick.

'Sled

Back in the middle 80's, I worked for Beechcraft East in TEB. A young man walked in wanting to rent an airplane. The Boss told me to check him out in a Bonanza. We flew around the NY area for an hour and a half. We had a ball doing all the usual renter checkout stuff. That young man was Christopher Reeve. Unlike some of the other "famous" people we had frequent the business, he was a genuine down to earth, nice guy. And..........Superman could really fly.

B.F.D which means BIGGGGG FACKING DEAL... I'm tired of these "brothers" posts.... why don't you call them COMRADES you facking pinko commies!!!!???! He's still dead and that wheelchair is gonna get rusty.

Lead Sled said:
I remember telling my wife, after our first meeting, that I had stood next to him at the urinals in the men's room and that he was no "superman". It was a funny story then, but after his accident it became inappropriate.

but he was a nice guy and a good stick.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

mmmdonut-

You cruising for the Penalty Box?

I always felt really bad for the guy and had always hoped to see him walk, or at least recover significantly, from his injuries.

He certainly left one hell of a legacy when he died, and mmmdonut's post seems terribly inappropriate. The wheelchair will certainly oxidize, but what he did while he was in it was pretty exceptional.

mmmdonut......you suck at life.

Hey! The ignore poster function works great! I don't even have to look at his avatar anymore.

Originally posted by mmmdonut:

This message is hidden because mmmdonut is on your ignore list

This is so cool. I have no idea what the little half-wit even said. If I was curious I could look, but honestly I like it much better not knowing. One less dim-witted, negative-minded troll to intrude on my activities. Enjoy yourself, I have no idea what you're saying and could care less.

Latest resources

Back