• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Christmas Bonus?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
My Part 91 single aircraft company gives out bonuses. Last year, it was about 6% of my annual salary, but I was only there for the last 3 months of the year. It will probably be about the same this year. We also have a profit-sharing deal where all management gets a bonus based on the profitability of jobs done through the year. The job bonus is at the discretion of the president though.

We also get a big ole aged loin of beef at Christmastime too! It's enough for probably 15-20 steaks. Red meat rocks! :)

Happy Holidays!

-PJ

My old job as a CFI earned us a 25 dollar gift certificate to Safeway every year. Only once did I see one show up with "Void" written on it!

New job, probably won't get anything, oh well....

Our Christmas bonuses are usually pretty good. Thats why I wanted to wait until I got it before I gave my two weeks notice. I opened the card Friday to find a check for $3,800 in it. I almost fell over. I'm giving my notice tomarrow. This should be interesting to say the least.

Have recieved a cash bonus every year for 11 years. Even from single aircraft operators G-200! What is your problem, there are several single aircraft operators on our field even, the youngest one is 15 years old and the oldest has been going since the 50's.

Stuff the attitude dude.

Merry Christmas from the Jammer.

Got my Christmes bonus today. Almost $1500.00. Usually get a Turkey the day before Christmas eve, so maby that will come tomorrow.
Headwind

Working for a privately held company helps. Annual bonus amounts to 10-20% of salary dependent upon profitability for all pilots. Xmas bonus amounts to a ham or turkey and one week's pay.

At my last 91/135 job I got a pleasant surprise.

As one of the owners was getting off the plane, he remarked to me, "At our firm, we believe that aChristmas bonus is something that should be enjoyed throughout the holidays, so here's your holiday bonus". And he handed me an envelope (this was before Thanksgiving).

I thought to myself, "probably a couple hundred bucks" and put it in my pocket.

After a while, though, curiosity got the better of me and I took it out an opened it. I was very surprised to find a month's pay, minus taxes! This was in mid-November.

It wasn't completely uncommon to get a $100. bill from some pax. One time, I got a $200. tip, and when I told the other pilot that I had a hundred bucks for him, he said, "Keep it, he gave me $200. too!".

Needless to say, that doesn;t happen at my airline job!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back