Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

1973Arrow

Word
Indianapolis, IN; St. Louis, MO; Columbus, OH; Richmond, VA; New York’s Laguardia; Buffalo, NY; Greensboro, NC;Orlando, FL; Louisville, KY; Ft. Lauderdale, FL are all of their bases. But...what planse are based where and what are the new guys getting?

170 are based as of right this very second!!!!!!!

IND & ORD for United

CMH for Delta (upcoming flying for Shuttle)

Shuttle will be doing flying for United and Delta... possible Salt Lake City base in the future but those are rumors...it isnt official till its out in print.

Republic Cert will be doing the 170 flying for Us Airways and I've heard that PITtsburgh will be a base for that but again rumor....................

All the other bases are for the 135/140/145 flying

...do you get to pick, or is it assigned??
...not to knock the 170, but it would be nice not having to move....again

It is assigned, but I do know 2 people personally that were able to get out of the 170 and into the 145 class. It is possible, not normal, but possible.

I was originally assigned the 145, I asked Rosa if their was a class that started sooner (the one I was scheduled for was 2 months away for the 145.) I told her please, I'm at my mother-in-law's house staying anything will help. She laughed and said a 170 class was starting in a week and she asked how much time I had. I told her and she ran all my flighttime by whoever (I guess someone in the 170 training program) and off I was to the 170 a week later

I didnt care though, a jet is a jet. I just didnt want to sit on my butt for 2 months not doing anything at my in-laws house (thats torture) :) I think it is assigned whatever class is next

But enjoying the 170! Great airplane (well I came from a C-402 so anything is better to be fair here) getting more and more of em. Air Canada just got delivery of the 175 (kick in the nuts to Bombardier)

Popular airplane!

Latest resources

Back