CHQ: Nov. 7 Class

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

BeechFO

There's a Nov. 7 class, but I have no details on number of students. Calls are going out starting today. Good luck to the poolies.

Yep got the call today for nov. 7th. Question for the chq people. do most people drive to indoc and then on to st louie. ? I was wondering if we will be able to fly home on the weekends or do we stay in trainning the entire 7 weeks. Also what do you reccomend a new hire do between now and then to prepare for the ground school and sim. Also hoe is the cmh base ?

Drive

I would drive. The ride to St. Louis from Indy is only 3.5 hours, and no, you aren't likely to get enough weekend time off to go home. We're going 6 days a week right now...and as the old saying goes...on the 7th day we rest. There are plenty of places to eat and take care of laundry etc. around the hotels, but, it's still much nicer to have a car. Just my two cents.
RR

Congratulations, adf1856. Great to hear that some of you guys that have been waiting forever are finally getting called.

There is a ferry flight from STL to IND and back that you can catch. That's a pure RP flight and it's empty (since it's a ferry), so you'll be able to go home every week.
To prepare, if you know an RP pilot, you can ask to borrow the FlightSafety systems manual. Indoc was probably the hardest part cause you are fighting to stay awake. Pretty easy process, really. It'll help if you're familiar with advanced a/c systems, but if you're from Purdue (isthat how youu spell it?) you'll do just fine (wish I could have gonethere).

Good Luck.

PEACE

you can't count on the repos. For NOV. it doesn't leave indy until about 9:00 am. The repo will cancel if they need the plane somewhere else (happens prob. 40% of the time). As a commuter from IND to STL, you are better off driving. You have to have a CHQ id to get past security.

so do most of the new hires stay the entire time or do they commute home on a weekend. i see that indoc goes from thur. to thyr. so i was hopeing to try to fly home on the weekend. was wondering what most of the people do

True, the repo gets cancelled a lot.

I thought you get an ID the second week of training. anyhow, once you have an ID you can try to jumpseat home.

The 145 are all LR. not a clue abot the 140.

new base opening in March...LAX. detinations: SAN, SBP, SBA, LAS, MRY, FAT, PSP.

Latest resources

Back