• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CHQ interviews

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
you still have a first class medical....that's what the medical says. Send your stuff in and make sure you have a current first class when you interview.

Don't worry about it. Wait until you get hired then get a new one and the company will pay you for it. You only need a second class to be a FO so that is all they care about for training. -J

You guys that do have interviews, what approx. times do you have??
Just wondering for a friend of mine whose stuff i sent in to HR. Thanks - J

flyguy81 said:
you still have a first class medical....that's what the medical says. Send your stuff in and make sure you have a current first class when you interview.

Wrong. After 6 months + 1 second it is a second class medical (even though that's "what the medical says"). You are correct that he needs to get another first class before the interview. Interviewers don't care that you were able to pass a first class medical 6 months ago, they want to know that you can pass it 6 minutes ago. Companies hire (future) captains, not FO's. Do NOT show up with a 2nd class medical "because that's all you need for training".

Last edited:
I interviewed today and was offered April 1 class in 145 or April 14 in either. I chose the 170 on the 14th because cannot make it on the 1st.
Interview was laid back and only about 10 tech ?s all from aviationinterviews web sight. The chief pilot Bart Wooldridge did the interview along with Rosa. The sim is computer - very sensitive - but they just want to see a scan.
Good luck

CHQ wants a 1st class on paper but it can be downgraded to a 2nd class...... Many from my interview class had this. Just get it done before you come its easier.

Matt

It says current first class medical...so get a fresh medical.

Also, if you get a 1st Class medical you always have a 1st class medical with 2nd or 3rd class privileges after 6 or 12 months. If you get a 2nd class medical you always have a 2nd class medical with 3rd class privileges after 12 months.

Latest resources

Back