Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Broke in CVG

Broke AGAIN in CVG!
Anyone at CHQ know why Delta left the Comair ramp and operations in MCO in place. I remember that the orginal plan was to give the rampies and ops there first crack at working for CHQ when they took over last year. That never happened, it is still run by Comair personell and maintance.

How are things going at MCO? How are the FL loads? I heard a rumor from several that the out times were being audited because flights leaving late were being called in on time.... any truth to this? Is this being done by the pilots or as some have said, by CHQ personel after the fact?

The Comair times are probably worse because I have seen the Comair ground agents make up their own times for departure and arrival. I personally phone dispatch after every pairing to insure the times I called are the ones in the book. Half the time the ground agents enter a time that is wrong. I'll leave five minutes early and they'll call it one minute late.

Also, once the door is closed and the brake is released that is a departure. Just because we haven't pushed yet does not mean we have not departed. I have a feeling some ground people wait until the plane moves and enter that time in the book instead of what we call.

Everybody has theri own definition of departure at these stations. I think most of us have come across this same situation at one time or another. However, usually the PIC is able to correct the times by either calling dispatch or in the computer.
I know that Airways people as well as express cn do this if you dispute it.

I agree with Skull-one... it's getting harder and harder to find a station that actually does the times correctly. Apparently it's impossible to enter into the computer the exact time that I write on the manifest or call in to ops. ON and IN times are usually okay, but it always seems to be the OUT times that are wrong. In DFW, I hear CMR and ASA crews calling in their out times...but it's really a waste of time. I asked ops once about it (after they showed us out on time after an 18 minute fuelling delay)...they simply enter the times that the RAMPERS call in. Door closed, brake released...we're out, but not everyone knows that definition. I guess that's where ACARS comes in handy. Some stations will do anything to avoid having to come up with a delay code that someone will have to answer for.

I think sometimes it's just laziness. Delta stations seem to be the worst... even if I show us out 4 minutes early, it must be easier for them to type in 0700 rather than 0656. Agents don't understand how important times are for flight-time and pay value tracking.

Latest resources

Back