• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

brew3departure

Da Bears...Bears...Bears
Hi there,

Think I've got some good, reliable information for you all. Rode back to work on an airplane the other night, sat next to someone important from IND - he said that while there wouldn't be a re-qual class in October, there _is_ a class scheduled on/around November 1st. That should bring back all the remaining folks from the June 30th (is that the right date?) class.

Any way you slice it, that's good news - look forward to seeing everyone back soon.

Take care,
-brew3

(edited for several typos)

holy black jesus... i hope youre right.

i guess ill start trying to remember the scripting.....
is it...coulped to my side, takeoff submode...what? crap. hey anyone in back know how to fly this thing? i remember how to get the coffee going on the overhead at least....Ron would be proud.:p

Last edited:
That's good news. Any word on when they will run a new-hire class. I believe there are people in a pool there as well.

Airpiraterob said:
holy black jesus... i hope youre right.

i guess ill start trying to remember the scripting.....
is it...coulped to my side, takeoff submode...what? crap. hey anyone in back know how to fly this thing? i remember how to get the coffee going on the overhead at least....Ron would be proud.:p

Forget all that ... the new SOP is what you want. but wait you didn't get one. Plus think of all the rev. you missed at least a good weekends worth.

Thanks for the update brew. It's nice to get even a shred of info for once. I hope it's true....thanks again.

KBUF and the living

its come to my attention recently that the most recent INDOC class is having alot of trouble finding a place to live in BUF.

www.buffaloapartments.com

theres alot there and availiable. searchable database etc.
just be familiar with what suburb cities are near the airport and faraway.

i know my class will be interested too..

good luck
-rob

The only thing hot in BUF are the wings. We are just starting the search for apartments and have been staying at the sleep in. For $40 a night its not bad.

The anchor bar invented them....but it dosent mean theyre the best....theyre still very good and top notch. the going consensius (sp?) is Duffs, up north of town on sheridan...east a ways. thers not much atmosphere...you get your wings...and beer...and chow down. the temp is determined by whoevers making the sauce that day....get the medium regardless and youll either be breathing fire or sweating mildly....either or.

but keep hitting the local ad sheets and that website and youll find something. i imagein they should keep the base open at least a year....i tjust opened anyway...so picking up a lease might not be too bad right now. plus nows the time to start a crashpad and run it so you dont have to pay any money to live there yourself.

The old "Airways" motel in BUF (was in the parking lot of BUF airport) had the best wings and best pilot treatment anywhere in the world. Too bad they tore it down.

But, they bought a hotel in ROC and run it the same way!!!

Don't worry about signing a lease.In NY if you get transferred the lease is void.You may lose your security deposit though . But if its a crash pad,You'll problably lose it over cleaning expenses anyway. Just save the nickle deposits from your beer cans to pay for the next one

Latest resources

Back