Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

JetPilot_Mike

UAL Furlough Fodder
I missed most of the story on FoxNews, but I think that a Delta Connection CHQ EMB-135 is off the runway at OKC. The reporter said it is being blamed on a "slick spot on the runway." Didn't look damaged, just a big long divit through the grass.

No other info, and like I said, I was in the other room for most of the story.

It was actually at DFW. The aircraft had departed OKC. The aircraft was landing on 13R and came to rest just off the west side of the runway in the grass. I landed on that runway not 45 minutes prior and the runway was dry with no precip in the area and none forecast. Weather was 1100 brk and winds 190 at 11-G15.

ASAFO

Don't want to speculate too much, except to say that the ERJ has developed a rare tendency to suddenly pull to the side during the landing roll. We've had problems with this in our house a few times. Someone going off the side given those manageable conditions makes me wonder if we have a systematic problem with the old Jungle Jet. Hope that's the case and that the crew doesn't get whacked for anything.

Last edited:
Has to do with activating the nose wheel steering a "little" too early, nose gear position potentiometer, senses 7 degree difference from straight, get nose gear inop light, yada yada yada, talk with your systems instructor, he'll tell you all about it, guess it's happened quite a few time before.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back