• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

brew3departure

Da Bears...Bears...Bears
Hello all,

Is anyone _currently_ going through Indoc. in IND or Systems in STL at CHQ right now? PM me - it's of an urgent nature.

Thanks...sigh

-brew3

OPS 03-078

July 9, 2003

Due to recent labor developments the Company has lost financing commitments for current aircraft deliveries. This event was not contemplated as we implemented our staff and training requirements. Since it is highly unlikely that we will be able to find alternatives in the near term, the Company now finds itself with a substantial number of excess crew members. Accordingly, and with regret, we will have to make adjustments to target staffing levels resulting in furloughs as soon as July 31, 2003.

Here is the expected breakdown of Furloughs and Displacements:

Furloughs effective July 31, 2003 – 26
Furloughs effective August 31, 2003 – 36
Total Furloughs- 62

Total Displacements:

Capt breakdown:
19 Downgrades to First Officer
6 145 Captain Positions to 135/140 Captain Positions
6 Base Moves
The expected Base changes are:
4 from IND, 4 from LGA and 4 from PHL
2 to BUF, 4 to GSO and 6 to MCO

First Officer breakdown:

A minimum of 12 base moves and a further undetermined number of moves due to Captain downgrades.

In accordance with Paragraph G of Article 11 – Reduction in Force of the collective bargaining agreement between the Company and your union the company is soliciting requests for Unpaid Leaves of Absence by the Pilot Group.

Leaves will be granted to those Pilots who’s leave would prevent the Furlough or Involuntary Displacement of another Pilot.

Please feel free to contact Kathy Wooldridge at 317-484-6003 or Lisa Cody 317-484-6002 with any questions you might have concerning your benefits.

Sincerely,

Bart Wooldridge
Chief Pilot

That's what I thought

Well, I'm sure no one wants to hear me bellyache about this, but this makes a grand whopping total of THREE furloughs and I have not reached the ripe old age of 25 yet. I give up. I'm doing something else. What that is, exactly, I don't know, but this is ludcrious.

No longer "brew3" ... maybe the BB1 or the Bryan 1 departure? Anyone done that before?

Latest resources

Back