CHQ class rumors

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Turkey Shoot said:
I understand there's a very good chance of Eagle reaquiring the AX stuff out of STL. Where will they go along with TSA guys that will be walking also? But with the CoEx thing, who knows.

Well, unless CHQ gives up that flying, it will remain until the end of the contract, which I believe runs out in 2013 or so.

The 170 weighs 7k more than the CR7, which physics says should burn more to do the same job, just like the 145 is more stingy on fuel than the CR2 becasue it weighs alot less.

The real bitch is the 170 has scored off the charts on all the pax surveys...the controllable delay deal is improving, but the dollars will speak....

EMBPILOT1 said:
Well, unless CHQ gives up that flying, it will remain until the end of the contract, which I believe runs out in 2013 or so.
this is mostly correct...the American Connection contract for Chautauqua runs until 2013 i believe...however..the CHQ contract is only for 44 seat flying (all 140's) where as TSA was flying 50 seaters...and diminishing unfortunatley...who knows if Eagle will just compensate for the TSA loss or if CHQ will seek an amendment. As far as the hiring goes...the pool is still full with people from as far back as the beginning of June...i know one main problem is sim time...weve all heard that story for some time now...it is so bad apparently...i had a friend who just went through a Shuttle class who had almost a month off in between ground school and sim...i think that is defanatley the major slow up here....i dont know about future 170 deliveries and as far the CAL flying goes...noone knows...only time will tell...and to answer your question bomber i dont believe there is anything scheduled for August as of right now but I could be wrong...im on the Chautauqua side...so im kinda outta the loop for 170 hiring...

Last edited:
I heard from a shuttle pilot that their august recurrent training got canceled (or pushed back) to make room for a new hire class.

They just finished a bunch (about 20-25) J4J upgrades in June/first part of July so the sim should be open for newhire class.

Also WRT the sim take into account that Rep is about a year old now so guys are comming up on sim check which were not a sked factor before.

I know there was a Rep newhire class on (give or take a day) June 26th of about 15 guys. The bid sheet for DCA in Aug showed about 20 empty fo positions.

By the way it looks, I would say by Sept Rep will be up to speed on the staffing of the 28 U E-170's. This makes about 280 total pilots at Rep. Of this 60ish are J4J capts and about 8 are left as J4J fo's. The rest FO 's and capts are staffed by old shuttle guys, newhires and CHQ transfers.

Last edited:
BoilerUP said:
I've heard that CHQ is short of captains for August...

CHQ's been short Captains for a year. I did 109 hours last month on reserve...with no end of getting off reserve in sight. If I see one more memo from Operations that we're overstaffed on the 145...people are gonna die in Indy...

Thank god for Blue Darts...

StarChecker said:
CHQ's been short Captains for a year. I did 109 hours last month on reserve...with no end of getting off reserve in sight. If I see one more memo from Operations that we're overstaffed on the 145...people are gonna die in Indy...

Thank god for Blue Darts...

I'll probably be seeing you on reserve.............if you are who i think you are(chami boy)

Latest resources

Back