CHQ: Anyone in the Pool Called Yet? P2

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

BeechFO

This is a continuation of a thread started last month. I'm in the pool with Chautauqua and have been for over a year. Like others I got a call from Rosa about upcoming classes in Oct and November. I expressed an interest in a November class. A summary of the rumors about classes are as follows:

1. Oct 7 class with 8-10 people with mostly new hires/bridge program and maybe 2 poolies.

2. Possible Late Oct. class or maybe classes in Nov., with no calls going out yet.

3. Another rumor about CHQ having problems getting the base going in MCO, but as far as I know two jets per month starting in Nov. with a Delta Connection contract starting Dec. 1st.

4. Anybody's guess about future plans, but responses from pilots at Chautauqua who have real info. from HDQTRS in IND. would be appreciated by poolies.

Good luck to all.

I'm somewhat concerned because I never got this infamous "call" that everyone else got, though I'm also supposedly in the pool. I've called Rosa once or twice in the past few times, but always gotten her voicemail, which I guess is the typical thing for her anyhow. I wish there was some reliable information out there...

I have a buddy who's also in the pool and never got the call either. If you wanna get a hold of Rosa the best thing to do is call early, like around 8am Indiana time. I've talked to her a few times, and that was the only time frame I ever got a hold of her. Other than that, I've heard of no new info. May it come to all of us soon!

Whatever you guys do, don't leave a message and expect your call to be returned. Keep calling. If you have her email address, use that too. Good luck.

Anyone have any idea on what the growth will be like at Chautauqua, in terms of pilot hiring? I would also like to know what the mins are. Is 2000 total and 200 multi competitive for them?

Thanks

Chautauqua's growth potential looks pretty strong to me as long as one of the codeshare agreements doesn't collapse, but I don't suppose that's any more likely for them than with anybody else (say, ACA or SkyWest with United Express, for example). Estimates I've heard are around 200 pilots by the end of next year or more.

Trouble is, it's anybody's guess how you get hired. Purdue University has a bridge program with them, and I've heard ComAir Aviation Academy is starting something similar up right now, too. They've got a pool of people who are from either of the above or who were hired before Sep 11 or who know somebody pretty high up; I've heard there's around 90 people in it, including me. :D

For minimums, I don't know what to tell you. There's people in the pool who have like 500 hours, middle of the road freight trash like me, and from what I hear there's mainline furloughees in there, too. They don't take out of the pool based on the date you were put in, number of hours, or any other specific criteria I've been able to figure, though it's pretty unanimous that they try to get a good spread of people in every class.

To [not] answer your question, I really don't know what the competitive minimums are. According to the website, they still aren't hiring off the street, but they did do some interviews like six or eight weeks ago from what I've heard. If you know somebody there, though, now would be a great time to tap them on the shoulder...

Good luck!

Anyone here about a late Oct. class or anything for November yet? Also from another post the Oct. 7 class of 10 consists of only 2 from the pool. If this is true and the trend continues, well buckle up boys and girls cause this is gonna be a long wait. It was also said that a possible reason for them only taking two out of the pool was to have a good mix for each class. With 80-90 in the pool times from 500 to mainline furloghees seems to me you can get that mix by selecting from the pool.

Oct. 24th Class

Well, I got the call for a Oct. 24th class. Not sure how many people, but that's the latest. I'm currently waiting for a November class, so I hope one of you other poolies got my slot.

Good Luck!

Latest resources

Back