CHQ: Anyone in the pool been called?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

BeechFO

I'm currently in the hiring pool at CHQ and was called last month for upcoming classes in Oct/Nov. Haven't heard anything this month. Anyone been called lately? Waiting patiently...

I'm in the pool at CHQ, and got a call last month asking me if I was still interested in working for them, probably the same kind of call you got. Supposedly, they started calling poolies and some new-hires on Friday, hope that helps you out!

I also got a call last month saying expect a call in Oct. I called last week to update some info and was told they may have a class in Oct/Nov, but they didn't seem real sure about it. When did the two of you interview? I interviewed Aug. 2001, and was scheduled for class Oct. 4, 2001.

Waiting a year now..

I interviewed with CHQ in late Aug., 2001 and was scheduled for a Sept. 20 ground school. I've recently heard from PUflight that there's an Oct 7th class, but I guess I was skipped for that one, hopefully I'll get the next one. I don't know about you, but I'm anxious to get back to a full-time flying job.

Good luck!

Late Aug. 2001 as well, the 22nd. Any idea on future classes and size? Your date was Sept. 20th, seems you should have gotten the Oct. 7th class. I wonder if there was a class prior to the 20th that would be called first.

CHQ Pool

It seems they are mixing the classes up a bit, so being in the pool may not mean you'll be in class first. I guess there will be some new hires and some poolies mixed for the next few classes until the pool is depleted. I'm not really sure why they are doing this, other than CHQ historically has tried to have diverse classes. It shouldn't be too long though...they have made plans to pick up the first two Delta jets next month. I heard upstairs at the HQ, financing is going ahead and it should not be a problem. We are taking delivery on schedule with 2 more jets coming in December.

Thanks CHQPilot for the info. Any news from those upstairs on plans for future classes and sizes would be appreciated. It's good to hear the first two Delta jets are on the way. Also on the Embraer website it shows CHQ as having 22 firm orders on 145/135 and Wexford has 53 firm orders on 145/140. Are all of Wexfords firm orders going to CHQ or do they own or do business with other airlines that these planes may be going to?

I would guess class size would be about 8-10 per class with two classes running per month until at least next September. That is really a guess since I'm not sure how they plan on staffing the MCO operation.

Wexford owns the delivery positions and in theory could send them anywhere they choose, but it is unlikely they will go elsewhere. Wexford also owns Shuttle America and all of our SAABS went to SA during the past year. We has been keeping some SAAB crews in PIT on a temporary basis (we are wet leasing the SAABs to SA). We pull our last SAAB crews offline at the end of the month, so that might explain why they were unsure upstairs about when classes would be availabe since they need to get them into a jet class. I don't think management was really sure how long the operation would last in PIT. When it was official the base was closing, it probably pushed a class of new hires back a few weeks.

Republic Airways, which is listed on the Embraer website, is the holding company formed when we were setting up our IPO. The jets listed as Republic are the Delta Connection aircraft and these were the first aircraft under the Republic name to be made firm orders. We shelved the IPO until a later date, but Republic is in place.

Many thanks again for the news, as you know waiting is hard, so any information you may come across would be most welcomed.

Has anyone interview with CHQ in the pass couple weeks. please send your info. to AVIATIONINTERVIEW.com. Thanks:)

Latest resources

Back