Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Airpiraterob

LaForge Sayz:
in the application packett, theres of course the list of what to bring. included in this list is the necessary ID forms PLUS a picture of myself to leave with them.

of course the most appropriate picture would be something close to a company ID type i supose....of course a better one tho. can anyone confirm anythin gabout what they would prefer to see in this case? is my guess correct?

thoughts or comments?

(this rules out that picture of me vomiting in the bushes outside that club that one night "Back in the day")

Last edited:
Sounds fishy to me...

Why would they need a picture of you to make a hiring decision in the first place? It seems to me that they could be setting themselves up for trouble if they're not careful.

Just go to a photo studio or a photo booth and get a passport-sized photo... I think that's what they are looking for.

I needed a photo like this once or twice in past interviews, seems to me that CoEx and Commutair were the companies that asked for them. The only reason I even remember that much is that I found an extra passport photo that went unused in the glovebox of my car when I was cleaning it out recently!

Why do you need it? Can't tell ya. Maybe they attach it to your app so they can recall who's who after a day of interviews, or maybe they keep it in your file for later when they make your company ID (if you're hired, of course) so they can ensure the person they interviewed is the person that shows up to ground school!

Interesting...

Don't read into it too much. When I was at lakes a few years ago, the company snapped a polariod of each interviewee. I though it was a strange practice. It didn't matter in the end as i got the job offer and I'm pretty much average looking. :cool:

Just don't use the picture(s) that were taken at the crash pad that one night; the night you don't remember anything that happened after 9:30, but you woke up the next morning with a devastating headache wearing a flight attendant uniform.

They are out on the internet, BTW

:D

Brother Francis, thats the last time i let you borrow the digital camera!!

but back to the picture thing:
yes, i'm looking at the CHQ application now, in the list of things to bring it says the following quoted verbatim:

"....Logbooks and Licenses for us to review, 2 forms of identification, one of them should be a picture ID and a photograph you can leave with us."

perhaps ive read into it way too much. its the studying thats doing it to me. mabye they just mean to have some ID while youre in the process of the interview, then you get it back when youre done. (ie: Driv. license/passport for the background) they just dont say for how long they need it!

never heard of this before but i guess ill go and get a polaroid or somethin just in case perhaps. ill make sure i wear that flaming flight attendant dress you all spoke so fondly of. Sure sign of a section 8.

anyone else goin next week? meet for some wings somewhere?

Last edited:
I'm there the 29th. See ya then.

They took a polaroid of each of us during hte interview. As somebody else mentioned, I think it's just as a memory aid for the selection bunch. And they ended up hiring some ugly guys, too.

Latest resources

Back