CHQ and MDA 170's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Axel

Apparently the CHQ union and Republic management have reached a j4j deal regarding the MDA 170's.

Don't let those MDA bastards take food out of your kids' mouths! Staple them right down with the Shuttle pilots!

Long story short...

Our union has reached a deal with management but it still needs to be ratified by the pilot by the "end of the month". I'm not sure if end of the month refers to Aug or Sept. We'll find out here very shortly.

The paraphrased version is that it pretty much resembles the original J4J agreement. New additions seems to be making CASS enrollment a priority (whatever that could mean) and CHQ/REP/Shuttle pilots will be able to transfer inter-certificate without re-training. The latter should make it really nice for our "Old Dogs" that commute out of cities like PHL or PIT.

What is CASS enrollment?

Will your J4J open doors for the Delta guys as the 737-200 and eventually the MD88's are retired?

Last edited:
CASS is the system that emulates the good ol days, pre 9-11, where for instance an ASA guy could ride IN THE COCKPIT of a United jet, or FedEX could ride up front in Northwest. It's basically an electonic verification that the airline can use to look up if you're who you say you are. Some airlines are on the list, some aren't; it costs money to run it, and not all airlines want to allocate the funds.

I understand that the TSA has just recently taken over the whole program (from AirINC, i believe). I've been told that this should make the process easier, but considering it's the TSA, I doubt it. These guys are too busy x-raying their heads to see what their brains look like.

~~~^~~~ said:
What is CASS enrollment?
Will your J4J open doors for the Delta guys as the 737-200 and eventually the MD88's are retired?

Our J4J is an agreement between USair and CHQ. We have no J4J agreement with Delta in place right now (although that could change in the future).

~~~^~~~ said:
What is CASS enrollment?

When do you think the MD88s will be retired? 2012. They just had new interiors and bathrooms installed. That 2012 date was stated by a management type at the last DFW roadshow for management. The 737-200s will go away fairly soon, but we are so short on the other fleets, plus additional flights and 45 min turns now for narrowbodies in ATL, will likely keep everyone busy for awhile. Also, we were told that after we get cleaned up (like Air Canada did in their own type of Chap 11), both Boeing and GE are interested in working with us--maybe 737-700s.

The key here Fins is that we don't want to decrease capacity enough at our hubs to allow more LCCs in. We also want to expand INTL flying to actually find decent yields. There will be some parkings of planes---the 732s, 733s, and some 762s----but not enough to lower our "footprint". Also, with all of the outstanding large RJ orders out there (CR7 and CR9, E170/E190)---it would take awhile to even replace what we have with our 732s and 733s. A few years at least.

Bye Bye--General Lee

generaltso said:
Our J4J is an agreement between USair and CHQ. We have no J4J agreement with Delta in place right now (although that could change in the future).

I thought we were told that any current furlough could apply to fly those DL 170s in the right seat for CHQ. (or get the easy interview or whatever) I am almost sure we were told that after they announced the 10 E170s for DL.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest resources

Back