• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Choice: ASA or a Pt 91 Falcon 10 job...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Dude if you dont take the falcon job I'll find you and kick your A$$! it's a no brainer!

Personally, I'd take the Falcon job. Sounds like you would enjoy it more, and the next Falcon they buy might be a big one ! Or, tell 'em to move to Nashville, and I'll make sure they meet a "friend of mine " ... Good luck !

Depends on your age. If you are @ 30ish or below, go with ASA. As Ive learned, a career change at an older age with a seniority based system is not good. The airlines are beginning to cycle upwards and it would be much better to get in on the upswing. That being said, you should take the job that comes along first. Can you go to the Falcon and then leave it later when ASA calls?

And a little something on the ASA bashing,... When the contract we have now was settled a few years back, everybody was sure happy, but now everybody is disgruntled. What changed? Of course we want raises and a few areas updated but unless ASA shrinks, or disolves into SKW, its still a good place to be.

You have to compare every aspect of both jobs and decide what you think is best. I left a Part 91 job flying a corporate jet a few years ago to come to XJT and I have been very happy with that decision. There are lots of Part 91 corporate jobs out there that are better than what I had, and there are lots out there that are worse. Corporate flying is extremely diverse...it can be great, or it can suck worse than a regional airline...it just depends on the outfit.

Last edited:
Falcon job. No question about it. You can always go back and try again later.
You may actually LIKE corp. aviation.

I'm in the pool for ASA. From what I understand, I'm one of about 40ish people still in the pool. I hear that ASA is short for pilots and that there are classes starting up in November. I got a phone call last week asking if I'm still interested in a class with ASA and what my times were. I'm a career changer, and started flying to fly for an airline. I think I have a good chance of being in a ground school for ASA in the near future. I live in Atlanta, and ASA is and always has been my first choice.

Last week, I had a different job offer fall into my lap. A local, part 91, Falcon 10 job just opened up at my home airport, less than 10 minutes from my house. No training contract, they pay for PIC training, it's close to home, and the money is much better than I'll make as an FO at ASA. I will have little chance of an upgrade, as the captain and the plane's owner are good friends. However, it will be operated under part 91, and I WILL be logging my legs as PIC as I'll be appropriately rated and typed.

1. Will ASA still be around a year from now?
2. Will there be a strike?
3. With a lot of folks leaving ASA, will there be growth/upgrades once/if a contract is finally agreed upon, and, potentially, as mainline Delta starts to hire next year?
4. If I get 1000 hours PIC in a Falcon 10 under part 91, will that help or hurt me in the future if I look at getting on with another airline?

I know that there are a lot of ASA folks who are not happy with how things are going down at KATL. PLEASE give me sincere feedback and do not turn this into an ASA bashing thread.

If you do not want to take the falcon job let me know. We can exchange info and I will give you a letter of reccomendation at ASA and I will take the Falcon job. LOL

Corporate flying is extremely diverse...it can be great, or it can suck worse than a regional airline...it just depends on the outfit.

I will second that. I took a Corporate/Charter job after I was furloughed in January and it turned out to be the worst decision of my career. The owner was cheap and the chief pilot was a tool. On the other hand I have friends who fly biz jets for really cool owners, like the people they fly with, and make very descent money. My only advice is not to sign a training contract with anyone unless you are 100% sure you want to stay there. I'm still kicking myself for that one.

ASA blows.

If you want a 121 job, go somewhere else.

"Falcon vs. ASA" is not comparing apples to oranges.....it's apples to port-a-potty juice after a 3-day outdoor concert in 90-degree heat......a veritable festering cauldron of spite, arrogance, and incompetence.......running an airline. The glistening steamer on top of the pile gets more respect than a pilot at ASA!

Last edited:
I would go with the Falcon job. This is a good in to gain some corporate experience and lead to other corporate jobs. The airlines stink and will for quite some time.

QOL and money are a big deal. Flying a jet becomes a job like everything else.

I am looking to go back to corporate.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back