• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Chitaqua question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
To this day I have not heard a Compass pilot use their full call sign.

I doubt you would not say Rose if it was part of your calling also.

I have used it only when the controller says it after answering us

Compass Rose much better than Stargate which was going to be our call sign

Why not just use Rose? I'm just going to use the tail number from now on.

I did hear a CHQ 5xxx flight accept a clearance to descend that was meant for a SWA flight with similar numbers last night on Memphis Center.

The SWA crew said "If that was for SWA xxxx, somebody else took it". Controller said "I sure hope not", then about 30 seconds later "CHQ 5xxx verify FL350?" THREE calls lby Center later, the CHQ guy said "We'll go back up", then 15 seconds later "Confirm you want CHQ 5xxx back to 350?" The controller replied "I WANT YOU AT 3-5-0 NOW!!!"

About 5 minutes later, Chautauqua was handed off to the next sector, and the PNF acknowledged the call only with his numbers...but not his callsign.

This is not a bash on Chautauqua pilots; I know many who work for RAH and wanted to work there very badly myself at one point...but with as much stupid sh!t that goes on day-to-day (like *3* Cactus flights on the same Center freq that had numbers ending in xx26) we've all gotta be smart and safe out there...

Climbing outta IAH yesterday I overheard SWA taking the clearance from a Jetlink flight (identical flight numbers) not once but twice; the controller about took the SWA guy's head off. I have the upmost respect for the SWA pilot group and have always been treated great when jumpseating; my point is that this happens to everybody...anybody saying otherwise is a lier.
Anyways, I have been using the full call sign Chautauqua proudly for 5 years now. Your post is certainly not taken as a CHQ bashing BOILER.

JvW

You can always tell when things are getting dull in the industry. There is not much to report and crap threads like this pop up. Entertaining nun the less, but still crap. :puke:

Latest resources

Back