Chinese 400's for Horizon

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Carl_Spackler said:
As americans we also tend to have a sense of humor as well.

Some things are not funny to certain people because of their personal experiences. As an asian, the previous are not funny and they are offensive.

I don't think i have ever seen any "humorous" racist comments about blacks in here.

suupah said:
I don't think i have ever seen any "humorous" racist comments about blacks in here.

Maybe we should, don't worry missy we'll all be speaking Mandarin in 10 years anyway. When that happens we can gang up on whitey together.

WestSide said:
Will Horizon hire into the 400 or RJ soon?

They're doing it right now! The current new hire class has 4 RJ, 4 Q400 and 2 Q200 FOs. The class that starts on 9/29 shows 4 RJ, 4 Q400 and 4 Q200 FOs.:D

Last edited:
Back to the subject at hand. We are getting the two Chinese...or should I say Asian, or Asian-American Q400's.:p The price was very attractive, even with the mods that are required they are at or below market value....i.e., cheap. They will be flown across the pond by contract crews who know how to fly across a large expanse of water in a twin turboprop.

As far as more airplanes, they are trying to work a deal with Bombardier to get 10 Q400s and return 7 Q200s. The problem is that the Q200 are worth about as much as rubber dog sh!t in Hong Kong....not making fun of Asian rubber dog sh!t. I think the biggest problem is that management's brain is about as good as rubber dog sh!t when it comes to comming up with ideas in how to use the Q200s to their fullest potential.

Look for Horizon to start service to Santa Rosa in March and Modesto later in the year.:eek: How you say?:confused: We are short on airplanes now!! We are also getting two more RJs, the first in March.

....just my 2 cents.....flame on!!!

QCappy said:
I think the biggest problem is that management's brain is about as good as rubber dog sh!t

What makes you think you can just come on a public forum and talk about rubber dog sh!t like that?

Well, if this is all true than the grand plan that our mgmt had to get "the 2 Q400s in China" ain't gonna happen at Island Air. Guess we'll have to settle for your hand-me-down 200s....but wait, we were told those were too expensive to lease.

Hey, you got any more stellar 100s left?

FlyinScotsman said:
It sounds like it will cost them more to get these ones "up to code" than it would have to just buy new.

And that is the perfect reason that managment will do it!

DashTrash400 said:
Most recent rumor is that they're looking at getting 10 Q400s, 6 of which are from China, and getting rid of 7 Q200s. Anybody else heard it?

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE take 364 FIRST!!!!!!

but leave 355

Remember those Java with Jeff things back a few years back?? He said that a LAX Q400 base was something he wanted, and even had a map that whowed a bunch of cities that they woud fly to, like RDD, TVL, STS, RNO.

makes u think

man, I miss QX...

Latest resources

Back