• NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.
  • Logbook Pro for Apple iOS version 8.1 is now available on the App Store. Major update including signature endorsements and dark/light theme support. Click here to install now.

China-Corporate Jet Connection

Tadeock

Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2005
Posts
10
Total Time
1400
I am a low time pilot (~1500 hrs TT, 50hrs Multi) looking for suggestions on how to get into international corporate flying (Gulfstream, etc...)

My situation:
I am fluent in Chinese. Have lived and worked in China, and have experience flying in China. I have no type ratings, but am willing to negotiate. I feel I could be a great resource as an F/O on trips to China. I am intimately familiar with Beijing and have been to almost every province in China. I can organize ground transportation, tourist activities, and entertainment, etc. for both Pax and Crew.

Any suggestions?
 

gear_guy

Well-known member
Joined
Jun 16, 2004
Posts
438
Total Time
6000+
Tadeock said:
I can organize ground transportation, tourist activities, and entertainment, etc. for both Pax and Crew.

Any suggestions?

Generally, all this is taken care of for the crew. In regards to entertainment, there will likely be little time for this on a trip of that nature. You will likely be resting up for the trip back.

With your total time it will be difficult finding a job flying Gulfstreams internationally. But if you can find a job, more power to ya. I'll be the first to congratulate you. (unlike some people on this board)
 

Gulfstream 200

Database Expert
Joined
Jan 21, 2002
Posts
4,574
Total Time
18,550
Tadeock said:
I am a low time pilot (~1500 hrs TT, 50hrs Multi) looking for suggestions on how to get into international corporate flying (Gulfstream, etc...)

My situation:
I am fluent in Chinese. Have lived and worked in China, and have experience flying in China. I have no type ratings, but am willing to negotiate. I feel I could be a great resource as an F/O on trips to China. I am intimately familiar with Beijing and have been to almost every province in China. I can organize ground transportation, tourist activities, and entertainment, etc. for both Pax and Crew.

Any suggestions?


Knowing China well would certainly be a plus in corp aviation, but is not going to get you a job..

flying in China has become relativly painless, english is good, service and handling is good, even getting around doing the tourist thing is easy....

How are you going to "negotiate" for type ratings? Im a bit confused here..

Just get some more experience and build up your resume and network. I know, it sounds kinda "Old School" but Im not sure of any other way to get the good jobs...

:confused: .
 

semperfido

Keep Humpin
Joined
Dec 5, 2004
Posts
1,873
Total Time
11K+
how about getting an advanced degree in finance, economics or law then riding around china in the back end of a G whiz or Global someday?Corporations would probably find your language and experience a huge asset if you had a business specialty. do the pilot thing on the side as a hobby.:)
 

G100driver

Well-known member
Joined
Jun 18, 2002
Posts
2,096
Total Time
<2mil
Fido is correct. You make a LOT more money turning right when you walk up the airstairs than you do making a left turn when getting to the top of the airstairs.
 

Jeff Helgeson

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 17, 2002
Posts
1,046
Total Time
18,000
I am laughing out loud

G100driver said:
Fido is correct. You make a LOT more money turning right when you walk up the airstairs than you do making a left turn when getting to the top of the airstairs.

That cracked me up until I realize just how true that statement is.

However, there are those that work very hard for less pay and never get the opportunity to walk of the airstairs. And have you checked out the view lately>
 

G100driver

Well-known member
Joined
Jun 18, 2002
Posts
2,096
Total Time
<2mil
Yea the view is awesome and I would not trade it for the world. I am truly blessed to be doing what I am doing, flying what I am flying and going to the places I go while making a good living.

If my boss wants the view he just comes up and takes a look! If he wants the entire feel he sits in the jump seat for landing. Ironicly, he completed FACTs training as we very rarely use a FA.
 

TXGold

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 30, 2005
Posts
153
Total Time
5.5mil
G100driver said:
If my boss wants the view he just comes up and takes a look! If he wants the entire feel he sits in the jump seat for landing. Ironicly, he completed FACTs training as we very rarely use a FA.

Now thats full circle. Yin Yang.
 

G100driver

Well-known member
Joined
Jun 18, 2002
Posts
2,096
Total Time
<2mil
I guess he just really wanted to say NO to a FA. It was not a "full" 3 day course, but a 1/2 day take charge of the cabin in an emergency type course.
 

TXGold

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 30, 2005
Posts
153
Total Time
5.5mil
So I guess he missed the part where they teach him to bring coffee, and take the trash out. Oh, and don't forget to wipe the dribbles of piss of the seat at the the end of the day, big boy.
 
Top