• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Chicago Tribune: UAL/CAL merger looking like US Air

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
United Express is allowed to operate 70 seaters, and you will be United when this is all said and done. The very best you can hope for is that the current 70 seaters are grandfathered. Sorry, but that is how I predict this will turn out.

It doesn't surprise me that you think anyone who believes this is a "scab"...It is simply reality. The junior Skywest pilots will mostly be furloughed United pilots, and some of your cohorts are calling them "scabs" and threatening to deny them the jumpseat....What kind of "union" is this?

ALPA has been ignoring this trainwreck since long before you came to work at ASA....If you want to work WITH me, then I will work WITH you...If you want to dictate to me the terms of my job, and try and take that job, then you will have a fight...Your choice...

The ironic thing is that CAL has many real scabs who are members of ALPA, including your former MEC chairman who was a scab....Spare me the "scab" threat...it may work on some people, but I can see right through your empty threats.....

UAL allows 70 seaters, not CAL. Since Jeff is standing in front of the shareholders, DOJ, and everyone else talking about the synergies generated and the profits of the combined airlines then outsourcing should not even be an issue. Outsourcing is a cost cutting measure. How do you proclaim such fiscal dominance one day and ask for cuts the next day?

I mentioned the word scab because of the tone of your post. Your tone was very scab like. Scab is a strong word and very definitive so unless you actually cross a picket line you will not be called a scab by me. As you point out CAL has the lion's share of airline scabs, and I have flown with some. There are some scabs that are busting their butts to make amends for what they did and there are some who would do it again if given the opportunity. The fact that the CAL MEC was littered with scabs for POS 02 is not something I will argue with. I will say that those individuals are out and are not a "fan favorite" in the crew lounges.

J, I will agree with you that ALPA is so f'd up right now is entrenched in politics. However, you wail about the fact that ALPA dropped the ball but you go on to talk about how you won't fight to keep it from happening by standing by the CAL/UAL pilots to maintain/reclaim their jobs. Which is it?

Again, your true RJDC colors are showing.

Latest resources

Back