• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Chicago Tribune: UAL/CAL merger looking like US Air

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You are correct sir. This loggerhead is all on the UAL side. Sorry, it's a fact. They can spin it all they want, but it's just spinning in circles.

If you believe what your MEC Chairman at CAL is saying... Perhaps you should ask your fellow pilots that know him what they think and do a little investigation. Who was the guy that just tried to abandon his pilot group after promising not to, for a shot at national office? Which guy has brought these negotiations to a public forum? Which guy in the past had aspirations for a top management position? Which guy has flamed his fellow MEC folks in public? Which guy has threatened to hold everything thing up for years? Hmmmm....... Is THAT the actions of somebody you trust?

And that was why the UAL MEC objected. Not sure why the NC agreed, but there are more junior guys at the LEC's which, IMHO, had sway with the MEC. The banding came back from the NC's the 764 was banded with the 777/744 and the 319/320 with the 735/733, which isn't fair to the junior pilots at UAL when it comes to the SLI (just as you guys weren't happy with the 744 in it's own scale). Look for the 777/744 to be banded without the 764 and the 733/735 alone. Hopefully they will have at least 6 catagories. Banding is not good for us, it promotes stagnation because it decreases the economic reasons for movement. This is negotiations, they should have never made their fight public. Both sides are thumping their chests, hopefully they will come up with a fix tomorrow.

If the above is true regarding Bus I would be demanding a recall of the whole negotiating committee. Also if I am not mistaken Wendy supported the
Compensation proposal so I'd ask for recall as well. Simple logic dictates that the 320 should pay about what the 800 does and the 319 pays the 700.
Not sure what is true or false rt now, but both sides look idiotic and need 2 find an agreeable compromise. The battle w Jeff is going to require our A+ game face.

Every time I see how "wendy supported the Compensation proposal," it makes me wonder if she really did support it like everyone is assuming or just thought it wasn't bad enough for a flat out rejection. I have always looked at the events as the MEC chair approval for MEC consideration, which was then rejected. I wouldn't really jump on Wendy about this.
Now there are some differences in the UAL MEC versus UAL NC and that is what is holding up getting a new contract right now. Those need to be worked out and that's something only the UAL crowd can do. The CAL side has nothing to do with this. Once the UAL side can get their team all on the same page then let the two NC's come together and get this thing done.

Really JB? Sounds like the reasoning of a scab in the making. Great attitude, good luck fighting over the scraps.

United Express is allowed to operate 70 seaters, and you will be United when this is all said and done. The very best you can hope for is that the current 70 seaters are grandfathered. Sorry, but that is how I predict this will turn out.

It doesn't surprise me that you think anyone who believes this is a "scab"...It is simply reality. The junior Skywest pilots will mostly be furloughed United pilots, and some of your cohorts are calling them "scabs" and threatening to deny them the jumpseat....What kind of "union" is this?

ALPA has been ignoring this trainwreck since long before you came to work at ASA....If you want to work WITH me, then I will work WITH you...If you want to dictate to me the terms of my job, and try and take that job, then you will have a fight...Your choice...

The ironic thing is that CAL has many real scabs who are members of ALPA, including your former MEC chairman who was a scab....Spare me the "scab" threat...it may work on some people, but I can see right through your empty threats.....

Dear Joe,

It doesn't matter what you think. You do not have a seat at the big boy table. Now go back to the kiddie table and we'll tell you what you are allowed to fly. You set your place mat at the kiddie table even though you could have opted to sit at the big table.

JJ

dear joe,

it doesn't matter what you think. You do not have a seat at the big boy table. Now go back to the kiddie table and we'll tell you what you are allowed to fly. You set your place mat at the kiddie table even though you could have opted to sit at the big table.

Jj

good one!!!

United Express is allowed to operate 70 seaters, and you will be United when this is all said and done. The very best you can hope for is that the current 70 seaters are grandfathered. Sorry, but that is how I predict this will turn out.

It doesn't surprise me that you think anyone who believes this is a "scab"...It is simply reality. The junior Skywest pilots will mostly be furloughed United pilots, and some of your cohorts are calling them "scabs" and threatening to deny them the jumpseat....What kind of "union" is this?

ALPA has been ignoring this trainwreck since long before you came to work at ASA....If you want to work WITH me, then I will work WITH you...If you want to dictate to me the terms of my job, and try and take that job, then you will have a fight...Your choice...

The ironic thing is that CAL has many real scabs who are members of ALPA, including your former MEC chairman who was a scab....Spare me the "scab" threat...it may work on some people, but I can see right through your empty threats.....

All this from a guy who PFT'd to get on at ASA, then tried to sue his way on to Delta's list with the RJDC. Classic

Latest resources

Back